The Super Thread - All Things Marvel/DC/Etc

I thought Wakanda was a return to form for the MCU. I’m nervous about Ant-Man being a Dr. Strange 2 style CGI orgy that is a little too detached from the real world.

Although I want this to just be a general backlash from critics who are over the MCU, I feel like the scores for the movies in this phase have matched my own enjoyment levels pretty closely.

Watched QuANTuMANia despite the mediocre reviews and was positively surprised.
It's relatively concise for a marvel movie and not overly long. I really liked the design of the quantum realm with lots of weard creatures.johnathan majors is great as kang and it feels like with Kang there is a new storyline emerging and there is a plan where to take the multjverse story wise. Looks like KLoki season 2 will explore this further. One could criticism that it feels alittle disconnected from the first two ant-ma. Movies with only the van dyne family ( and one other person) from previous movies contributing. I am not familiarwigh the comic version but MODOK is more a joke than a serious villain but i guess the whole concept of him is really hard to pull off without being ridiculous in a live action movie. And it adds to the recent movies where bill Murray just seems to be phoning in his performance. The one seen he has has got " lets get this over with and give me my monie" written all over it. But i think there were a coupleif movies in the last years where he had these cameo roles of that sort

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, I loved Ant-Man 3.
ESPECIALLY Jonathan Majors. Damn.

I think it did a pretty solid job of balancing the light-hearted goofiness that has made previous Ant-Man films so enjoyable while also setting up the entire next two Phases of the MCU.

It's completely ridiculous to me that so many of the negative reviews I've read are comparing this one to Endgame as they are in no way whatsoever similar - it's like comparing apples to gamma-ray spectrometers. Utterly asinine.

I could definitely pick out a lot of stuff throughout that I know people will complain about, but I got exactly what I wanted and hoped for out of it!

I think people are just experiencing Marvel fatigue. It's understandable as Marvel hit it out of the park with Endgame. So it's going to be tough comparing future movies to that standard. I really enjoyed it, especially for the world building it did. I'm also excited for the Jonathan Majors phase.

I think people are just experiencing Marvel fatigue. It's understandable as Marvel hit it out of the park with Endgame. So it's going to be tough comparing future movies to that standard. I really enjoyed it, especially for the world building it did. I'm also excited for the Jonathan Majors phase.
It sounds like Bob Iger plans on tightening the Marvel/Star Wars spigot a bit going forward.

Yeah, I don’t mind either way tbh, I enjoy the MCU but I don’t watch everything so I don’t get “MCU Fatigue” I duck in and out as I want.

I watch almost of it, and usually as close to release as can be but I've not experienced any "fatigue" to date. But then, I don't watch a whole huge ton of other shows and movies and, also, I actively followed probably 25+ Marvel titles alone back in my younger comic collecting days so 4 movies and 4 shows doesn't seem like such a huge stretch to me.

Back