The Roost - All things Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch

It’s 6:30pm on my island, if yours is closed and you wanna sell or just explore, my gates are open for the next while...

Ill be taking a nap behind some strangers house

K, can someone "splain" me how to get this stuff? :)
You can't get it until you get the Abel sisters to move in. After you build the museum and Nook's Cranny shop, you'll see Mabel one day talking to Tom Crook and go up to talk to her. Then she'll return a few days later randomly in the town square and you have to buy a bunch of stuff from her (I think I spent 5k bells the first time she showed up) then on her second visit she said now that there's demand on the island, she needs help to open a shop. Then you have to build the shop and wait a day or two for them to move in and you can then create designs and share them/download them. In the meantime, you can use QR codes to scan in some pre-existing designs or make your own designs in the Custom Designs tab on your Nookphone. It helps to buy the Pro Designs thing from Resident Services if you want to design clothing.

You can use this to make your own designs from photos:

It will generate QR codes which you can scan into your phone through the Nintendo Switch app on your phone then you have to add them to your phone in the game one by one.

Set up my listening room for now. Currently spinning KK's hard to find album "Dog" on vinyl. It was only sold it on black friday and now sells for a ton on discdogs.

I know, I know...Need to work on speaker placement and not using a Crosley :LOL: Shoutout to @kvetcha (I think it was you?) for the deer head!

90561888_10109625725231279_3088256664655101952_o.jpg

Anyone still holding on to turnips? I sold mine this morning, but now they're going for 577!

Opening my gates while I finish up work this afternoon. I also have C.J. visiting. He'll get you fish models and pay you extra if you bring him sets of 3 of the same fish!

Edit: After doing his fishing challenge, he'll buy all fish for 1.5x the price. You can only order one model at a time (so pick something cool to give him 3 of to start).

Re-edit: NVM, apparently he only serves the island owner.

Last edited:
Anyone still holding on to turnips? I sold mine this morning, but now they're going for 577!

Opening my gates while I finish up work this afternoon. I also have C.J. visiting. He'll get you fish models and pay you extra if you bring him sets of 3 of the same fish!
I might swing by for a fish! Sold my turnips already for close to that yesterday luckily.

Back