The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

Can we also talk about how awesome Wobble is and that he wasn’t a musician before this.

Also, in case you ever needed more proof that Warner sucks… their handling of this album stateside…
Jah Wobble is an absolute amazing bass player. Was lucky to see him play live a few times, up there as one of best show I have seen

In the end, I didn't absolutely hate it, but I didn't love it either. I've never been a big John Lydon fan and this didn't do anything to win me over. 2/5. I like other songs that I've heard from them better.
Oh, you need to hear Death Disco to get the full PIL treatment.

When my friend was a bartender, he used 2nd Edition to clear people out at the end of the night. Being in a punk rock dive bar when the lights come on at 2am with John Lydon caterwauling really makes you realize you need to do something with your life.

Oh and the album gets a good solid 4/5 from me

Oh, you need to hear Death Disco to get the full PIL treatment.

When my friend was a bartender, he used 2nd Edition to clear people out at the end of the night. Being in a punk rock dive bar when the lights come on at 2am with John Lydon caterwauling really makes you realize you need to do something with your life.

Oh and the album gets a good solid 4/5 from me
"Rise" is the big one that I know. At least that song has a melody....for part of it at least.

I appreciate The Sex Pistols and enjoy their music but not enough to ever purchase any of their albums on wax. I have tried a few times to give PIL a shot as it seems like something I would enjoy but it’s never clicked for me.

There only 1 album lol.

As for PIL, might be unpopular but there was a really good singles comp in the early 90s. I’ll pick it up at some point and that’ll be more than enough of them to keep me going.

I really like this. It’s all the anger, chaos and politics of the Pistols but with a more musical bent. It’s clearly supposed to be in your face and it’s meant to be provocative. I also like that I can draw a direct line to Sonic Youth, Fugazi and more of the post punk music that I like more than well the Pistols. It fits in well with the whole roots music thing that I dig… the history of music kind of music.

I really like this. It’s all the anger, chaos and politics of the Pistols but with a more musical bent. It’s clearly supposed to be in your face and it’s meant to be provocative. I also like that I can draw a direct line to Sonic Youth, Fugazi and more of the post punk music that I like more than well the Pistols. It fits in well with the whole roots music thing that I dig… the history of music kind of music.
I could actually see this album potentially growing on me with more listens to maybe my 2/5 rating was pretty unfair.

Back