The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

10/27/23
View attachment 185672
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

Good timing with the Dylan print arriving yesterday too. Thanks for that!

'Stuck inside of Mobile...' is my favorite Dylan song. I'd say my top 5 albums would be:
1. Blood On The Tracks
2. Highway 61
3. Bringing It All Back Home
4. Blonde on Blonde
5. Freewheelin'

Good timing with the Dylan print arriving yesterday too. Thanks for that!

'Stuck inside of Mobile...' is my favorite Dylan song. I'd say my top 5 albums would be:
1. Blood On The Tracks
2. Highway 61
3. Bringing It All Back Home
4. Blonde on Blonde
5. Freewheelin'

Almost 3 same 5, almost the same order but mix Desire into the pot.

Mine is:

1. Blood On The Tracks
  2. Bringing It All Back Home
  3. Desire
  4. Highway 61 Revisited
  5. Freewheelin’
  6. Blonde On Blonde

If you say so… the only really weak album is Good As I Been. I could see someone discounting the cover records, but they are all good.
I don’t care much for anything in between Oh Mercy and Time Out of Mind and I pretty much love all of his 60s-70s albums up through Desire (minus Self Portrait and Dylan) and the Highs during the the 60s-70s tower over even his best albums from the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20’s. Dylan is still an amazing songwriter so there are a few gems to be found in even his worst albums but would be hard pressed to to put any post 70s album in my top ten.

the Highs during the the 60s-70s tower over even his best albums from the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20’s.
I think "tower over" is a bit extreme. To me Oh Mercy, Time Out of Mind, and Rough and Rowdy Ways stand with anything he's ever done. Love and Theft and Tempest are solidly in that next tier.

I think "tower over" is a bit extreme. To me Oh Mercy, Time Out of Mind, and Rough and Rowdy Ways stand with anything he's ever done. Love and Theft and Tempest are solidly in that next tier.
I understand the appeal of those later albums I enjoy a few of them personally but I also think a handful of his earlier albums are considered all time great while his later albums are merely good to very good within the context of Dylan discography.

I can only choose 5. Desire is just on the outside looking in.

06. Desire
07. Blonde On Blonde
08. John Wesley Harding
09. The Basement Tapes
10. New Morning

giphy.gif

Back