The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project

She was one of the main reasons I bought tickets to Coachella 2017 (along with Kendrick, FJM and Lorde) and I knew I wouldn’t get to see her once she announced her pregnancy. She is still high priority on my bucket list
I am of an age and temperament where I have no desire to go to a festival of that size and absolutely no desire to go to the types of venues that Beyonce plays. So, I will not be seeing her or most mega pop stars live. People talk about being worried about the heights at the Sphere for U2. It's the stupid amount of people and Vegas that deter me.

Laugh all you want, U2 was the last and only Stadium show I ever saw... it was the 360 tour. That shit is absolutely not for me. Last arena show I went to was Paul McCartney precovid... that is probably the last time I do that for a concert. Will probably end up at the arena for new kid for Bluey on ice or some shit, does the circus even exist anymore? Hell, Nickel Creek is playing DPAC in February and I haven't gone to a show there since Isbell. I may be a strictly ampitheater dude moving forward. I also refuse to purchase tickets from Ticket Master, because fuck them.

10/25/23
1698204706706.jpeg
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Shaka Zulu

So… the original album is not available streaming… YouTube link:

What is streaming is Shaka Zulu Revisited: 30th Anniversary Celebration

This is the album re-recorded by the 2017 line up.

I will try to listen to both.

Re: original album. Coming to the end. This is very nice. If you’ve heard Graceland, you have an idea what this is like. Amazing harmonies, amazing precision and voices. Vocal rhythms. Pretty great stuff.

Laugh all you want, U2 was the last and only Stadium show I ever saw... it was the 360 tour. That shit is absolutely not for me. Last arena show I went to was Paul McCartney precovid... that is probably the last time I do that for a concert. Will probably end up at the arena for new kid for Bluey on ice or some shit, does the circus even exist anymore? Hell, Nickel Creek is playing DPAC in February and I haven't gone to a show there since Isbell. I may be a strictly ampitheater dude moving forward. I also refuse to purchase tickets from Ticket Master, because fuck them.

I've been to very few stadium shows. The last might have been Metallica, GnR, FNM back in the 90's.

That being said, I love crowds... Love festivals, love Vegas (my wife and I used to go twice a year when we lived in SoCal), worked at Disneyland for almost 20 years. I feed off that energy.

I've been to very few stadium shows. The last might have been Metallica, GnR, FNM back in the 90's.

That being said, I love crowds... Love festivals, love Vegas (my wife and I used to go twice a year when we lived in SoCal), worked at Disneyland for almost 20 years. I feed off that energy.
I’m just a hair shy of being an agoraphobe and am actually a misanthrope. You guys make me question the second half of that sentence.

10/26/23
ab67616d0000b2731bd04917ad890de8ec16ab44

Blood, Sweat & Tears - Blood, Sweat & Tears

Last edited:
It's been a minute since I gave this a listen. I had a great Uncle who would bring my brother and I gifts when he came to visit. He was responsible for my brother and my first comic books. He also brought quite a few cassettes over the years. I remember a compilation with a teal cover and a jukebox on the cover that had Spinning Wheel on it. I don't remember much of what else was on that cassette, but I definitely remember this song. (He also gave me a copy of Born to Run, so yeah, Springsteen was an early favorite of mine.) I've never sought out their stuff but I like what I have heard and I have given this a few listens over the years for sure.

Back