The Needles & Grooves May 2024 Omniversal Spin Challenge Arkestra

May 4 - Great Balls Of Fire

I'll probably watch this movie again come October...

Richard Einhorn – Don't Go In The House
Waxwork Records – WW059, 2019

Subscriber variant

Cut by Adam Gonsalves at Telegraph Mastering

nIqfUo.jpg

Os7d7x.jpg

Whe Arrow was marketing their UK blu ray they used this marketing slogan..."the film that dares to ask “What if Norman Bates had a flamethrower?”

Last edited:
May 5 - I'm Gonna Unmask The Batman

This may be a stretch, but I wanted to listen to this album...

White Zombie – La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1
Music On Vinyl – MOVLP534, 1992/2012

Numbered/Limited to 1000, #0315

Pressed at Record Industry

QjAZFR.jpg

2NiBuj.jpg

May 5 - I'm Gonna Unmask The Batman

Batman, as we all know, was a founding member of the Justice League. Another rich guy superhero, from Razor City, was the Wolfman. As a boy his blood mixed with that of a wolf and he runs a huge IT company, making him obscenely wealthy. Naturally he partnered with Batman a couple times and become a D-league member of the JL.

IMG20240506113815.jpg

Day 6IMG_7317.jpeg
Fantasy 15 - Zoltandia

Well since @jamieanderson1968 doesnt want to tell stories today, I’ll share one with you guys.

This is from the back cover:

Zoltandia is the epic tale of intergalactic freedom fighters Fantasy 15, and their long,

strange journey from Earth to their beloved home planet of Zoltandia.

The story begins in media res, with our heroes forced to evacuate a mission gone wrong

with breathtaking speed and intensity. On a crumbling, dystopian future version of Earth, the group are betrayed, and need to make an emergency blast-off to escape certain tragedy. The evacuation is a success, and the crew of Fantasy 15, including their beloved A.I., reach calmer terrain in the orbit of the solar system. After many years circumnavigating the universe,

fighting for the freedom of all races, religions and creeds, it is finally time to make their

way through the cosmos and return to their home planet of Zoltandia. Their trip through

the stars is not an easy one, as they encounter interstellar turbulence, enemy fire,

and surreal, psychedelic black holes. But eventually, Fantasy 15 make it home…

The lush utopic orb known as Zoltandia is one of outer-space’s last true paradises, an

outlier in an otherwise chaotic universe. Zoltandia's idyllic existence is the very reason

Fantasy 15 has not been home in so long, for it is one of the few places that has never

needed saving. However after the grim events on Earth, the group feels there is no safe

place for them to go other than back home. When they arrive, a raucous, uninhibited,

orgiastic explosion of energy is released; the burden our freedom fighters have been

carrying from years and years of traveling, fighting battles, and solitarily floating through

space is righteously shed in an epic weeklong bacchanalia. Interplanetary lovers

rekindle old flames, new lovers revel in the euphoria, and for just a moment, everything

is perfect. But nothing can last. No, our freedom fighters know they cannot stay at home for

long. There are too many people who need defending throughout the galaxy. Soon,

they gather their synthesizers, and prepare to embark on a new journey.

Unbeknownst to Fantasy 15, however, they have actually been followed by their enemies

from Earth to their home planet. And just when the group least expects it, their

enemies launch a devastating sneak attack. Zoltandia's capital city is decimated, and most

of the planet's defenses are rendered useless. An entire civilization is practically

eviscerated. Fantasy 15 gathers what little crew and supplies they can, load up their

ship with as many Zoltandians as they can find, and leave their beloved home to burn. In the

end, they have no choice but to journey back to Earth.

This feels like the funky grandchildren of old Sun Ra.

Back