The NBA Thread

I can't see the tweet. What was it?
FBiL5WuXEAUG1CY

LOLOLOL….

Kyrie wants to be be the Mohamed Ali of selfish entitled people.

So he wants to be the face of anti-vax fascist Trump fanatic crowd? Because that's what's happening.

I think he can't any more stupid and reckless and then another quote comes out. At this point the best possible outcome is he actually follows through and retires. But I doubt it.

So he wants to be the face of anti-vax fascist Trump fanatic crowd? Because that's what's happening.

I think he can't any more stupid and reckless and then another quote comes out. At this point the best possible outcome is he actually follows through and retires. But I doubt it.
Tucker Carlson is probably drooling right now trying to get Kyrie on his show.

Wait what did Lebron and Green say?
LeBron and Dray both said stuff about it being a personal choice and that they shouldn't give opinions or tell other people to get the vaccine. Cruz tweeted:

I’ve never said this before: I agree with @KingJames
“We’re talking about people’s bodies and well-being. I don’t think I personally should get involved in what other people should do for their bodies and livelihoods.”
And Dray said this stupid shit:

i agree that it never should have been politicized in the first place. but he said stuff about missing games because you're not vaccinated is similar to missing games because your wife is in labor. and he said something about nobody asking you if you've gotten your polio vaccine.

LeBron and Dray both said stuff about it being a personal choice and that they shouldn't give opinions or tell other people to get the vaccine. Cruz tweeted:

i agree that it never should have been politicized in the first place. but he said stuff about missing games because you're not vaccinated is similar to missing games because your wife is in labor. and he said something about nobody asking you if you've gotten your polio vaccine.

I think he was just expressing empathy for his teammate and actually making a fairly well thought out argument for vaccine hesitancy that has to do with the politicization.

His defense of why he wouldn't ask his teammate about their vaccination status was kind of pointless but I assume it was in response to a dumb question and it isn't unreasonable. People in other work places are not going around asking everyone they work with their vax status so that they can have an argument or see who's on their side. Of course many people don't have to in a mandate situation.

just btw: i'm not anti vax or anti mandate

I think he was just expressing empathy for his teammate and actually making a fairly well thought out argument for vaccine hesitancy that has to do with the politicization.

His defense of why he wouldn't ask his teammate about their vaccination status was kind of pointless but I assume it was in response to a dumb question and it isn't unreasonable. People in other work places are not going around asking everyone they work with their vax status so that they can have an argument or see who's on their side. Of course many people don't have to in a mandate situation.

just btw: i'm not anti vax or anti mandate
i agree with the politicization point, but if you read kareem's rebuttal of draymond and bron's whole "it's a personal decision" take, he's right.

they are both people with tremendous influence over others. and it's pretty disappointing for neither of them to come out and say that people should get the vaccine to help save lives. lebron didn't come out for months to say whether or not he was vaccinated.

the kareem article i posted above is a much more eloquent rebuttal to both of their stances than what i could write myself.

Kareem is a national treasure.

Here's MJ with his awesome statement on vax mandates. Guess it's up to the old blood to try and educate people.

i keep seeing that poster image and find myself wondering why the hell Joakim Noah is at the Hornets practice facility haha

i keep seeing that poster image and find myself wondering why the hell Joakim Noah is at the Hornets practice facility haha
Clinging onto the league for dear life.

Prime Noakim Noah was something else. Wasn't he 4th in mvp voting in 2014? Always catch those old Bulls games when they're on NBATV.

i agree with the politicization point, but if you read kareem's rebuttal of draymond and bron's whole "it's a personal decision" take, he's right.

they are both people with tremendous influence over others. and it's pretty disappointing for neither of them to come out and say that people should get the vaccine to help save lives. lebron didn't come out for months to say whether or not he was vaccinated.

the kareem article i posted above is a much more eloquent rebuttal to both of their stances than what i could write myself.

Those are of course fair arguments and I tend to agree with the social responsibility points but I also don't fault either of them for choosing not to try and influence their teammates.

It isn't their job to be social justice warriors. It's great and valuable when people like Lebron use their influence for that good but it isn't his job or even his responsibility to always do so. I'm not holding them to a higher standard than anyone else particularly when neither one of them said anything anti-vax. They just said it was a choice and it is. I don't think they were intending to promote anti-vax sentiment by using the word choice.

Also they have to literally work with these teammates and the locker room is an important place that's different than the water cooler or cubicle.

I mean it's no worse to me that Tiger Woods said he isn't black he's Tiger or Jordan saying Republicans buy sneakers too.

Clinging onto the league for dear life.

Prime Noakim Noah was something else. Wasn't he 4th in mvp voting in 2014? Always catch those old Bulls games when they're on NBATV.
he officially retired I think last year. he was my favorite player for a long time. i think he won DPOY and was 4th in MVP voting that one year (think it was when DRose was out and Thibs ran the offense through him?). Then he came to play for my knicks and was an absolute joke. Really soured my impression of him. If he had been here when Thibs was here, I bet he wouldn't have acted how he did.

he officially retired I think last year. he was my favorite player for a long time. i think he won DPOY and was 4th in MVP voting that one year (think it was when DRose was out and Thibs ran the offense through him?). Then he came to play for my knicks and was an absolute joke. Really soured my impression of him. If he had been here when Thibs was here, I bet he wouldn't have acted how he did.
At least we got this clip out of it

Of course he's in street clothes in it

Oh and also this

Back