The NBA Thread

At its core, if you had a good draft, the majority of the players that you should be playing at any given time are already on your roster.

Also important, once you go over 648 games, you will not accumulate any more stats, so don’t be out of games with a ton of season left unless you are confident that that will win it for you
Last question. I had an injured Kemba in my lineup that I didn't sub out because no one on my bench was playing that day. I assume I wasted a game there?

At its core, if you had a good draft, the majority of the players that you should be playing at any given time are already on your roster.

Also important, once you go over 648 games, you will not accumulate any more stats, so don’t be out of games with a ton of season left unless you are confident that that will win it for you

oooo this is one thing I hadn't taken into account!!! Makes trades even more interesting for sure! Especially if ur trying to lock up a different category that u don't already have in the bag near seasons end

Yeah, makes, sense. I took out Lemello Ball out of my starting roster for the time being until he gets a handle on things and also removed some starters that were marked as Day-to-day/Questionable.

A quick question regarding scoring points.

do you ever bank points or are they always constantly evolving? Like if you have the most rebounds at the end of a week and have 10 points for the category does the total reset for the next week? Like so the following week say I am 3rd in rebounds does my overall total go down to 7 or would my points accumulate 10 from week one 7 from week two equals 17 total points for rebounds?

My guy Julius Randle is gunning for an all star selection this season.

also if you had told me that Frank Ntilikina and Elfrid Payton would hit the same number of 3’s as the the entire Bucks team last night I would have asked you what you’re smoking and if I could have some.

Last question. I had an injured Kemba in my lineup that I didn't sub out because no one on my bench was playing that day. I assume I wasted a game there?
My understanding is players have to log 1 minute to be counted.I went through your team and it looks like you started 2 players that didn't play a minute and thus were not counted.

Remember, you can move your bench players to your starting lineup (Sat, 12/26 you left a ton of stats on the bench)

Yeah, makes, sense. I took out Lemello Ball out of my starting roster for the time being until he gets a handle on things and also removed some starters that were marked as Day-to-day/Questionable.

A quick question regarding scoring points.

do you ever bank points or are they always constantly evolving? Like if you have the most rebounds at the end of a week and have 10 points for the category does the total reset for the next week? Like so the following week say I am 3rd in rebounds does my overall total go down to 7 or would my points accumulate 10 from week one 7 from week two equals 17 total points for rebounds?
ALWAYS evolving. They never reset. It is cumulative. There are no real "Weeks". View it as one full season just like the NBA.

Click standings and you'll see the team ranks. Scroll down to see each team's ACTUAL stats.

So, for instance, I have a "10" in three pointers made. If you look at my actual stats, you'll see how many threes my team has made which is more than anyone else - hence the "10" which means 1st Place in that category.

It feels like Thibs has won more games as a Knicks coach than Fiz did in 2 years.
Thibs is a great coach... to a point. He only has one speed and it’s to press hard all the time. For a team like the Knicks it will be alright and he might be able to get them in shape but he isn’t the best at getting squads over the top.

Thibs is a great coach... to a point. He only has one speed and it’s to press hard all the time. For a team like the Knicks it will be alright and he might be able to get them in shape but he isn’t the best at getting squads over the top.
He’s been pretty great with us so far. He’s the kind of coach we need right now. Getting guys to have good habits and work hard. I really wish he had won it all with the Bulls.

He’s been pretty great with us so far. He’s the kind of coach we need right now. Getting guys to have good habits and work hard. I really wish he had won it all with the Bulls.
As a TWolves fan, I am so glad Thibs is nowhere near Minnesota. I liked him in Boston and then Chicago, but his run in Minny was not very good.

As a TWolves fan, I am so glad Thibs is nowhere near Minnesota. I liked him in Boston and then Chicago, but his run in Minny was not very good.
Yeah, if there is a star player on the team the star(s) has to buy fully into his philosophy for him to be an effective coach. KAT was not a true believer and his schtick was wearing thin with Jimmy Buckets in Minnesota.

They never should have given him control over personnel in Minnie. He still got them to the playoffs for the first time in forever. They have had a pretty tough schedule so far this year but the team is still not good or well-coached now it seems despite having some good pieces.

I figured Thibs may be a better fit here because A) him and Leon Rose have a very long-standing relationship and trust and B) all our young players have all been praised for their work ethics which is pretty different from Wiggins and KAT (supposedly). We’ll see if this keeps up. I don’t know that Randle will keep up his impressive play without getting burned out but the team has had some good games and he’s a huge improvement over Fiz

Yeah, if there is a star player on the team the star(s) has to buy fully into his philosophy for him to be an effective coach. KAT was not a true believer and his schtick was wearing thin with Jimmy Buckets in Minnesota.

They never should have given him control over personnel in Minnie. He still got them to the playoffs for the first time in forever. They have had a pretty tough schedule so far this year but the team is still not good or well-coached now it seems despite having some good pieces.

I figured Thibs may be a better fit here because A) him and Leon Rose have a very long-standing relationship and trust and B) all our young players have all been praised for their work ethics which is pretty different from Wiggins and KAT (supposedly). We’ll see if this keeps up. I don’t know that Randle will keep up his impressive play without getting burned out but the team has had some good games and he’s a huge improvement over Fiz
I think the main issues with his tenure in Minnesota were 1) his rotations - play your bench in November and December! Injuries occue (Jimmy went down in Jan that year) when you grind players into the ground all year, plus guys who should get reps and would be useful don’t get the experience, and 2) Minnesota had Kat, Wiggins, Jimmy, Teague, Taj, and a slate of youngish guys, yet the offense was walk up the floor and pound the ball and take a midrange jumper at the end of the shot clock. Barkley and Shaq said it all year - you have these thoroughbreds- let them run! Minnesota may have made the playoffs that year, but they weren’t going anywhere and nobody was afraid of them. Thibs’s offense was totally outdated.

I think the main issues with his tenure in Minnesota were 1) his rotations - play your bench in November and December! Injuries occue (Jimmy went down in Jan that year) when you grind players into the ground all year, plus guys who should get reps and would be useful don’t get the experience, and 2) Minnesota had Kat, Wiggins, Jimmy, Teague, Taj, and a slate of youngish guys, yet the offense was walk up the floor and pound the ball and take a midrange jumper at the end of the shot clock. Barkley and Shaq said it all year - you have these thoroughbreds- let them run! Minnesota may have made the playoffs that year, but they weren’t going anywhere and nobody was afraid of them. Thibs’s offense was totally outdated.
I still maintain that giving him control over personnel decisions was the nail in the coffin. He wanted to bring in players he liked, then give those guys minutes to prove that he did a good job with contract signings. Yes--subs/minutes are an issue (it's becoming an issue in NY although we have had a ton of injuries so far that are not Thibs-related). I do think that he took his time off to try to start adapting better. We are still near the last in 3PA per game but at least our shot chart has been way better (lots of corner 3s and shots at the rim). Our ball movement has been pretty good too so far and Randle has been an extremely willing passer. Needs to cut down on TOs but the guy has been balling and playing good defense too.

Saunders isn't too much of an upgrade over Thibs from what I have seen. But last year was a pretty weird/unprecedented season for a coach in his first full season.

Back