3. @scotthilk PAID
  4. @Jonathan Y PAID
  5. @TenderLovingKiller® PAID
  6. Non-N&G member Russ PAID
  7. @sahomerrocks PAID
  8. Non-N&G member Tyler PAID
  9. @McGlam PAID
  10. Non-N&G member Alan PAID
All paid! Only thing left to do is play! Ask settings-related questions until the first game and then I’ll be of no help to you!

Winner takes all. As LM, I will not contest any trades unless there is collusion. If anyone wants to contest a trade I make, feel free to do so and I’ll let the league decide.

Let the games begin!

@scotthilk As far as fantasy goes, am I not supposed to change my lineup everyday depending on who's playing that day? Thats what I've been doing so far, and I am in last place by a lot, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I still have no idea how the scoring works even after looking at the settings, but I'm just letting my players do what they do, and see what happens.

@scotthilk As far as fantasy goes, am I not supposed to change my lineup everyday depending on who's playing that day? Thats what I've been doing so far, and I am in last place by a lot, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I still have no idea how the scoring works even after looking at the settings, but I'm just letting my players do what they do, and see what happens.
Hey there! I was hoping that people would reach out to me about the scoring in the settings well before we started things… But essentially there is a cap on maximum games played for the season (648). So, there are some people like myself that have more games played and thus the numbers are actually skewed because I have more stats accumulated… But you should be rotating whatever players are playing into your starting lineup, assuming you want their stats counted. It gets a little bit more specific at the end of the season because let’s say you only have 50 games left and are leading heavily in a category like steals - you might rest a certain player that isn’t going to get you that category and try to get stats somewhere else. Makes sense?

You, or anyone else to DM me more specific questions

LOL, I am not sure about the scoring either but I have also been updating my line up every day to ensure that I have as many players playing as possible and am currently in 4th. The best I can tell is players earn some sort of +/- total each day they play based on stats for that day and their total rises and falls throughout the week. Something of that nature. I am still trying to wrap my brain around it. I am more used to H2H leagues and in Roto Baseball the stats are just added up each day (no negative stats) so yeah. TL;DR: I don’t know about scoring either but I am doing the same thing you have been and have gotten slightly better results.

Hey there! I was hoping that people would reach out to me about the scoring in the settings well before we started things… But essentially there is a cap on maximum games played for the season (648). So, there are some people like myself that have more games played and thus the numbers are actually skewed because I have more stats accumulated… But you should be rotating whatever players are playing into your starting lineup, assuming you want their stats counted. It gets a little bit more specific at the end of the season because let’s say you only have 50 games left and are leading heavily in a category like steals - you might rest a certain player that isn’t going to get you that category and try to get stats somewhere else. Makes sense?

At least I know I'm doing it right. I'll just keep plugging away, and let you know if anything doesn't make any sense

At least I know I'm doing it right. I'll just keep plugging away, and let you know if anything doesn't make any sense
Simple version:

You have 648 games to use. Make them count. Don’t end the season at 600 games because you’ll surely lose to me, who will be playing all 648.

You could stream players on the waiver wire every day, but you probably won’t be getting any value out of them if you could be using your star players. There is a fine medium, and that’s where the strategy comes in.

LOL, I am not sure about the scoring either but I have also been updating my line up every day to ensure that I have as many players playing as possible and am currently in 4th. The best I can tell is players earn some sort of +/- total each day they play based on stats for that day and their total rises and falls throughout the week. Something of that nature. I am still trying to wrap my brain around it. I am more used to H2H leagues and in Roto Baseball the stats are just added up each day (no negative stats) so yeah. TL;DR: I don’t know about scoring either but I am doing the same thing you have been and have gotten slightly better results.
It is basically just accumulated stats. The team that has the most rebounds gets 10 points, the team w/ the second most rebounds gets nine points, and so forth.

Then, you start over that same process w the next category… The person with the most steals gets 10 points, second most has nine points… So, we are doing that for all categories, and your total score is just adding up what your score is in each category

ah ok. I am gettin’ it a bit more. I just looked at the “info” section on each team in the standing and under “allowances” it shows where each owner stands. The top teams have played something like 33 or 34 games where the lower teams have played something like 29 to 27 games. So at 72 game season it would mean essentially 9 full player seasons total to reach the 648 cap. Meaning if you have a guy struggling or resting or not earning a good amount of minutes you would be best served not having him in your starting line up as it would waste a start. Cool, I can work with that. I am gonna have to do a bit f tweaking to my lineups. Thanks for the explanation.

ah ok. I am gettin’ it a bit more. I just looked at the “info” section on each team in the standing and under “allowances” it shows where each owner stands. The top teams have played something like 33 or 34 games where the lower teams have played something like 29 to 27 games. So at 72 game season it would mean essentially 9 full player seasons total to reach the 648 cap. Meaning if you have a guy struggling or resting or not earning a good amount of minutes you would be best served not having him in your starting line up as it would waste a start. Cool, I can work with that. I am gonna have to do a bit f tweaking to my lineups. Thanks for the explanation.
Spot on! It is a cool format because it is a full season race.

It is basically just accumulated stats. The team that has the most rebounds gets 10 points, the team w/ the second most rebounds gets nine points, and so forth.

Then, you start over that same process w the next category… The person with the most steals gets 10 points, second most has nine points… So, we are doing that for all categories, and your total score is just adding up what your score is in each category
Ok that makes it easy. I'm at 1 pt in points, AKA my team is last in that category. I got it.

Cool, I was thinking this was gonna be a super passive league strategy wise. This info definitely ratchets things up in a good way.
At its core, if you had a good draft, the majority of the players that you should be playing at any given time are already on your roster.

Also important, once you go over 648 games, you will not accumulate any more stats, so don’t be out of games with a ton of season left unless you are confident that that will win it for you

Back