The NBA Thread

They had my favorite draft of any team other than maybe Memohis. Tyrell projects as the perfect Seth replacement , they added Richardson who is a quality defender and both Green and Bey project to be very good wings defenders with athleticism and IQ but who need work on O.

All guys who fit very well with Luka if they pan out and all value picks.

Nuggets night was frustrating because the reach on Allen (who I liked and wanted the Nuggets to land) caused a run on bigs. Our FO was apparently high on Prescious, Stewart and Allen and all have defensive upside. Instead, we landed a guy in Zeke who projects as better on the offensive end... when we need some semblence of a Sap replacement more than anything.

And then they traded back in to take Hampton for another swing for the fences on a guy thats falling pick.

Our GM has beyond earned the benefit of the doubt but definitely not the ideal way for the board to fall.
My main issue with the trade was that Seth is on a fantastic contract and a good with they Luka and KP. He’s a proven talent locked in for a long time on a very very good deal.

I liked Dallas’ draft too in theory but in practice it was a little confusing. They are a team that is very much in win now mode. I’m great with them playing lots of young unproven guys this season because we have their unprotected 1st next season...but I have to think more moves are coming. Maybe they wanted Seth’s contract off the books and wanted more young potential talent to trade next year for a star? I also remember being really underwhelmed by Richardson last year but maybe Carlisle uses him better than Brown did. I think his contract is expiring too and he will want to get paid.

Denver’s draft was interesting too. I admittedly got a bit lost on who ended up where by the end of the night especially since ESPN didn’t even know when picks were being traded. I was kind of hoping the Knicks would take Terry or Hampton at 25 but Quickley is nice too. It was really funny to watch ESPN knock every move the Knicks made. Then when they thought OKC took Quickley they praised it and said he’s perfect for a rebuilding team. And coach Cal had to tell them that he was going to the Knicks 😂.

im really curious to see what teams do in FA now. Do the Knicks end up going after FVV? Where does Bogdanovic actually go now? What about WB and Harden?

Its the first time I've felt confident in this front office in a while.
I'm happy for y'all. I have lots of friends who are Philly fans. I look forward to seeing what Morey does next. I'm bummed you guys got Maxey--I think we traded up to be in position to get him.

This sucks. Klay is a classy dude and worked so hard to rehab his ACL, this just doesn't seem fair to him.
I know recovery from Achilles is a long process but it’s an injury that is fully recoverable. Still the leg injuries start to add up and he loses another year of his prime. Ya can’t help but feel for em.

Last edited:
What was Dallas thinking with that Seth trade?? I feel like he is one of the better contracts in the league. Dallas must really be trying to make moves for FA next summer...

Yeah I think Dallas comes out slightly ahead on the trade but it's good for both teams. Sixers sell low on Richardson but get a great fit and a great contract in return. Morey has been on the record as saying it's fine to overpay for a good contract. Dallas gets a great fit next to Luka. I think they go all in on a big FA after this year before Doncic's extension and Richardson is expiring but they can re-sign him with bird rights if they like him.

Ok, so since Bogdan is a FA, he can't sign anything til FA starts on Friday. So, a sign and trade cant happen yet, and its tampering for the Bucks to have any talks with him. Most likely, it'll all go through come Friday.

So, uh, I don't think there's a pathway to this anymore after waiving Ilyasova? Do they have any contracts to match? If I were a Bucks' fan and their backup to Bogdan was to just save money, I would be disappointed to say the least.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Dallas comes out slightly ahead on the trade but it's good for both teams. Sixers sell low on Richardson but get a great fit and a great contract in return. Morey has been on the record as saying it's fine to overpay for a good contract. Dallas gets a great fit next to Luka. I think they go all in on a big FA after this year before Doncic's extension and Richardson is expiring but they can re-sign him with bird rights if they like him.

So, uh, I don't think there's a pathway to this anymore after waiving Ilyasova? Do they have any contracts to match? If I were a Bucks' fan and their backup to Bogdan was to just save money, I would be disappointed to say the least.
Yeah...Waiving Ersan has made what I thought was going on, to I have no idea again

Both to NY, they’ll play fewer than 30 games combined next year.
I don’t get the joke...?

also maybe the Knicks won’t get made fun of for having power forwards now after Detroit signed ALL OF THEM.

(who am I kidding. People will still make the joke even though we only have 2 now).

I wouldnt have given Hayward that contract before his time in Boston, let alone now. I guess MJ realized that god awful Batum contract was almost done and had to get a new one on the books.

he might injure himself signing the contract .. ok... bad joke..... im not a huge hoops fan and know the guy seems to be injured a lot

Back