The NBA Thread

Teams always tighten up on Game 7s.

Jokic scored 21 of Denver’s 30 second-half points.
They also just all looked exhausted especially in the 4th quarter. So it was a mix of decent defense but also just guys being real tired. Lots of open shots were missed (especially by Denver) down the stretch.

Seven minutes left and Bud takes the MVP who's only played 30 minutes so far out of the game while they're down. Great stuff.
Gotta get guys breaks sometimes and think longer term game plan. It’s still early in the series with plenty of time left in the game. Not unheard of to take a guy out with that much time left but it’s also part of why I’m a big Jimmy Buckets fan...that guy can play all 48 and still be a boss.

Gotta get guys breaks sometimes and think longer term game plan. It’s still early in the series with plenty of time left in the game. Not unheard of to take a guy out with that much time left but it’s also part of why I’m a big Jimmy Buckets fan...that guy can play all 48 and still be a boss.
Giannis averaged only 30 min per game during the regular season which you think would be a big advantage to keep him fresh for the playoffs. The evidence is mounting that Bud can't adjust in the playoffs. He went to a lineup without Giannis and Middleton 7 minutes into the game. Yeah Middleton had 2 fouls, but I think foul trouble can be a problem created by coaches sometimes. Middleton averages only 2.8 fouls per 36. Sometimes you have to trust your players to stay out of trouble. Meanwhile their best player is going to finish the game with only 36 minutes played.

Giannis averaged only 30 min per game during the regular season which you think would be a big advantage to keep him fresh for the playoffs. The evidence is mounting that Bud can't adjust in the playoffs. He went to a lineup without Giannis and Middleton 7 minutes into the game. Yeah Middleton had 2 fouls, but I think foul trouble can be a problem created by coaches sometimes. Middleton averages only 2.8 fouls per 36. Sometimes you have to trust your players to stay out of trouble. Meanwhile their best player is going to finish the game with only 36 minutes played.
Averaging 30mpg in the regular season can keep him fresh but can also get him used to 30mpg. Giannis playing 48 wasn’t gonna make them win the game. He played the same amount of minutes as Jimmy, which was the most out of anybody in the game. He was also a -7.

Middleton is too important to get into early foul trouble. I don’t entirely blame Bud for taking him out. He just kept him out too long.

The bigger issue is that the Bucks depth hasn’t been that great In this series and they shot putridly from 3 tonight. Most teams that shoot 28% from 3 are gonna lose in the playoffs. That’s not on Bud. It doesn’t help that the best player on the Bucks can’t shoot outside of 10 feet either. Miami is almost built to be the anti-Bucks. They match up nearly perfectly.

Back