The NBA Thread

Jokic is Ivan Drago

Lol wtf.

I grew up a Broncos fan and eventually abandoned the team (and later the sport) because John Elway is such a despicable human being. Melo, Bill Romonoski, Kmart and Claude Lemouix are all athletes I've only rooted for because they were on my team but who are more than a little unlikeable as people.

Ja is a kid and so I don't overtly judge him... but has also assualted two people in the last year. Jaylen Brown is an anti-semite and lowkey as bad as Kyrie. Lebron has done a lot of good things but also went ball to the walls for China with straight propaganda... Iggy is a straight up bigot with a rich guy complex.

I dislike Brady because I got sick of his winning. Kobe because he was an admitted rapist (and I got sick of his winning). And Kyrie for obvious reasons.

But Jokic is a dude who would rather be tending to his horses or playing with kids than dealing with the media. Who ever single teammate raves about. Who is a genuinely funny dude. Who went from fat kid point guard to an unguardable Bird / Dirk hybrid.

I literally have never been happier to root for an athlete. And he hasn't won shit yet so unless somebody is from Philly or someone like Van Lathan-- who can't deal with a white guy being this good-- color me baffled.

Last edited:
Lol wtf.

I grew up a Broncos fan and eventually abandoned the team (and later the sport) because he's such a despicable human being. Melo, Kmart and Claude Lemouix are all athletes I've only rooted for because they were on my team but who are more than a little unlikeable as people.

Ja is a kid and so I don't overtly judge him... but has also assualted two people in the last year. Jaylen Brown is an anti-semite and lowkey as bad as Kyrie in his nuttery. Lebron has done a lot of good things but also went ball to the walls for China with straight propaganda... Iggy is a straight up bigot with a rich guy complex.

Jokic is a dude who would rather be tending to his horses or playing with kids than dealing with the media. Who ever single teammate raves about. Who is a genuinely funny dude. Who went from fat kid point guard to an unguardable Bird / Dirk hybrid.

I literally have never been happier to root for an athlete.
I must’ve missed something. Who is a despicable human being?

What? I'm a life long warriors fan and have nothing but respect and admiration for Jokic. This seems like such a weird take.
More of a satirical contrarian take based on all the media stating how Jokic is an MVP because he’s white and shouldn’t win a third. Then Embiid wins and becomes the first MVP to not reach the conference finals.

I also like Jokic and the Big Country style he bring to the game. He kinda does remind me of Drago tho (who got his redemption arc in Creed 2) @DownIsTheNewUp

Last edited:
That's an extremely weird player to hate. Dude's humble, empowers his teammates, a guy from a very poor country who went from 2nd round pick to superstar and is one of a kind.

Why?

And either way, anyone who isn't from LA and casually roots for the Lakers (regardless of reason) might as well be a Trump supporter in my book 😉
I remember what he did to Markeif Morris.

I remember what he did to Markeif Morris.

Ah yes. The guy who was in the convo for the dirtiest player in the NBA and took a shot at Jokic's knee from the side while he was sprinting down the court. There is a reason NBA players were outspoken in their support of Jokic.

As Barkley, Kenny and Shaq all said... Don't take a cheap shot at a guy and then turn your back. Especially one who is 300 lbs and had just watched his close friend and teammate tear an ACL.

More of a satirical contrarian take based on all the media stating how Jokic is an MVP because he’s white and shouldn’t win a third. Then Embiid wins and becomes the first MVP to not reach the conference finals.

I also like Jokic and the Big Country style he bring to the game. He kinda does remind me of Drago tho (who got his redemption arc in Creed 2) @DownIsTheNewUp

Word.

I'm happy Embid got the MVP. He was great this year and wanted it.

Jokic was so sick of the toxic narratives surrounding MVP that he decided he wanted nothing to do with it and played passively for the final month of the season. He didn't deserve it and the Nuggets don't have the weight of 3 straight MVPs around their necks.

Word.

I'm happy Embid got the MVP. He was great this year and wanted it.

Jokic was so sick of the toxic narratives surrounding MVP that he decided he wanted nothing to do with it and played passively for the final month of the season. He didn't deserve it and the Nuggets don't have the weight of 3 straight MVPs around their necks.
I liken Jokic’s play to a perfectly crafted pop song. You listen to it and may think “I can do that!” but it sounds so good because it took so long to perfect. When Jokic makes a layup and dudebros cry about the high efficiency of his shots, I just think about how long it took him to perfect getting in the position to take and make those shots. Respek.

The only thing I don't like about Nikola Jokic is that he is in the Northwest division. Outside of one altercation from what I vaguely remember a few seasons back (that I have long let go of), I have no ill will towards him.

I took pleasure in the collapse of Knicks after a shit experience watching Game 5 at the Garden and getting harassed by Knicks fans.

And I’m looking for a Heat/Lakers rematch.

We were always a threat.
Don’t really think we collapsed much. The Heat just have a better coach and more experience. And doesn’t help that they get away with illegal screens and dirty plays 😉. Wouldn’t be surprised if their strategy is to injure Tatum.

Heat Lakers finals wouldn’t even be worth watching IMO. None of the teams left are particularly exciting but would be cool for the Nuggets to win especially after the whole smear campaign for Embiid to win MVP then watch him disappear in the playoffs again

Denver? I guess.

No way can I ever pull for Boston, Miami or the Lakers.

But Stan Kroenke (owner of the Nuggets, Avalanche, Rapids, LA Rams) is such a shit human being it makes it difficult.

I mean you could say that about almost any billoinaire. If it makes you feel any better, his son Josh has run the Nuggets since Stan bought the Rams and seems decent enough. Is actually close with Richard Jefferson and Lebron because he and RJ played at AZ together.

But yeah-- Stan sucks.

I mean you could say that about almost any billoinaire.

That's a fair point. Done. 😄

I'm still salty because I was living in St. Louis at the time when he ran the Rams into the ground and shit all over the city so he could get his palace built in Inglewood with the help of NFL.

On a positive note I'm quite happy with the Hornets getting the second pick in the draft. Hopefully they can't screw that one up.

Don’t really think we collapsed much. The Heat just have a better coach and more experience. And doesn’t help that they get away with illegal screens and dirty plays 😉. Wouldn’t be surprised if their strategy is to injure Tatum.

Heat Lakers finals wouldn’t even be worth watching IMO. None of the teams left are particularly exciting but would be cool for the Nuggets to win especially after the whole smear campaign for Embiid to win MVP then watch him disappear in the playoffs again
I just love how Knicks fans picked… Bam adebayo as their target of ire.

This Knicks team has pieces. Randle and Thibs gotta go though.

Heat/Lakers would break the league and I want it to. 82 regular season games just for the Heat and Lakers to actually show up in the playin and destroy everyone’s conception of what lower seeds can do.

And regardless of how Jokic was hacked Morris, pushing him while he’s not looking and keeping him out for half a season is a bad look. I don’t like that dude. I respect him but I don’t like him and I have no interest in seeing him in the finals.

We have unfinished business with LA . The bubble wasn’t a fluke.

I just love how Knicks fans picked… Bam adebayo as their target of ire.

This Knicks team has pieces. Randle and Thibs gotta go though.

Heat/Lakers would break the league and I want it to. 82 regular season games just for the Heat and Lakers to actually show up in the playin and destroy everyone’s conception of what lower seeds can do.

And regardless of how Jokic was hacked Morris, pushing him while he’s not looking and keeping him out for half a season is a bad look. I don’t like that dude. I respect him but I don’t like him and I have no interest in seeing him in the finals.

We have unfinished business with LA . The bubble wasn’t a fluke.
I mean they picked Bam as the target because he’s a reckless player who hurt 4 of our players. He set illegal screens the entire series but only got called for 1 foul on them. I don’t think he’s necessarily a dirty player, but plays really recklessly. I hate when teams constantly get away with moving screens. Warriors and the Heat are the two biggest offenders.

I mean they picked Bam as the target because he’s a reckless player who hurt 4 of our players. He set illegal screens the entire series but only got called for 1 foul on them. I don’t think he’s necessarily a dirty player, but plays really recklessly. I hate when teams constantly get away with moving screens. Warriors and the Heat are the two biggest offenders.
Sure but how about Josh Hart going at Jimmy’s ankles three times during the series?

Mitchell Robinson is the bench big that I always wanted for the Heat. He shouldn’t spend as much time out there as Thibs has him doing.

RJ is brilliant for the first half of games but is probably exhausted at this point in the season.

Brunsen is really good though. He could be the second best player on a playoff contender, for sure.

Knicks should still conduct themselves as if they’re in the middle of a rebuild.

Yeah, Randle isn’t #1 level star and Thibs will never win a championship.
Thibs adjustments comes a game late and a dollar short.

But it isn’t just Randle. That Knicks bench needs more experience. And Thibs just leans on his starters so much.

You want to know why Caleb Martin and Gabe Vincent are relevant in the playoffs? Extended regular season minutes while handling load management for the Heat.

Back