The NBA Thread

Was at work, so didn't watch G3 of the WCF until I got home. A few thoughts, feel free to jump in:

1) GSW astoundingly continues to emerge victorious from the rebound battle by double figures, notably so on the offensive end. Andrew Wiggins himself had one less Oreb than the entire DAL squad, and his play alone is what has provided GSW additional ability of opening their offensive sets since Kevin Durant left (can slash to the rim, an above average threat from the perimeter, not afraid to box out).

2) Fatigue is getting to DAL in the second half; a lot of chasing the constant motion of GSW on both sides of the ball. DAL is forced to play Bullock heavy minutes (they have no one else to play lol) for defensive utility but he was visibly gassed by the end. 0-10 FG is a brutal stat to read. Once again, DAL shot selection was lazy and abysmal in taking more threes than drives to the bucket...why are teams still trying to beat GSW at the modern game that they revolutionized, without the off-ball movement?

3) Outside of Doncic, Brunson, and Dinwiddie, the rest of the DAL rotation provided 14 points total, with three of those players ending with a goose egg. I said before they needed to drop to a 7-man rotation and that may have made a difference if it happened.

4) No other way to say it, DAL needs a major upgrade at C to get to the next level. Should be their #1 offseason priority.

5) GSW is getting a bit thin on the wing. Looking ahead against a team with depth at that role much like BOS or MIA, they need utility players like Gary Payton II, Otto Porter Jr., and yes even Andre Iguodala to avoid having to play Moses Moody, Juan Toscano-Anderson, and especially Damion Lee (who def sucks) during Q2 through early Q4.

6) I know it didn't count but:

WigginsAnnihilatesLuka.jpg

EDIT: That jam from Wiggins did count!

Last edited:
Was at work, so didn't watch G3 of the WCF until I got home. A few thoughts, feel free to jump in:

1) GSW astoundingly continues to emerge victorious from the rebound battle by double figures, notably so on the offensive end. Andrew Wiggins himself had one less Oreb than the entire DAL squad, and his play alone is what has provided GSW additional ability of opening their offensive sets since Kevin Durant left (can slash to the rim, an above average threat from the perimeter, not afraid to box out).

2) Fatigue is getting to DAL in the second half; a lot of chasing the constant motion of GSW on both sides of the ball. DAL is forced to play Bullock heavy minutes (they have no one else to play lol) for defensive utility but he was visibly gassed by the end. 0-10 FG is a brutal stat to read. Once again, DAL shot selection was lazy and abysmal in taking more threes than drives to the bucket...why are teams still trying to beat GSW at the modern game that they revolutionized, without the off-ball movement?

3) Outside of Doncic, Brunson, and Dinwiddie, the rest of the DAL rotation provided 14 points total, with three of those players ending with a goose egg. I said before they needed to drop to a 7-man rotation and that may have made a difference if it happened.

4) No other way to say it, DAL needs a major upgrade at C to get to the next level. Should be their #1 offseason priority.

5) GSW is getting a bit thin on the wing. Looking ahead against a team with depth at that role much like BOS or MIA, they need utility players like Gary Payton II, Otto Porter Jr., and yes even Andre Iguodala to avoid having to play Moses Moody, Juan Toscano-Anderson, and especially Damion Lee (who def sucks) during Q2 through early Q4.

6) I know it didn't count but:

View attachment 140155
A couple things...GSW must be the most fit or one of the most fit teams in the league, with all their movement off the ball they just exhaust teams late in games. Also, the dunk did count! It was called an offensive foul at first but Kerr challenged and it was overturned. One of the most exciting in game dunks I've ever seen.

A couple things...GSW must be the most fit or one of the most fit teams in the league, with all their movement off the ball they just exhaust teams late in games. Also, the dunk did count! It was called an offensive foul at first but Kerr challenged and it was overturned. One of the most exciting in game dunks I've ever seen.
Miami is the most fit team in the league but GSW might be a close 2nd. I remember reading this article about Curry’s training regimen. Pretty crazy:

I’m constantly surprised that more teams don’t run a heavy motion offense like the Warriors do. I guess you really need lots of guys who can shoot off screens and pin downs but still…They are so fun to watch. The Curry/Poole slingshot play is pretty hilarious too.

Also, the dunk did count! It was called an offensive foul at first but Kerr challenged and it was overturned.
Oh wow, I need to amend that. In that case, props to Steve Kerr for staying true with his gameplan to keep Wiggins assertive. Not all coaches would have the back of their players when picking up would-be fouls while up by a few possessions.

...or while up double digits multiple times across Q4 in a playoff series. 🐺🐺🐺

Wiggins actually reaching his potential as a member of this Warriors team is one of the scariest proposition to come along in a while. It would be like Shaq passing the torch to Kobe or David Robsinon to Duncan Spurs squad. This is how you create a dynasty.

Wiggins actually reaching his potential as a member of this Warriors team is one of the scariest proposition to come along in a while. It would be like Shaq passing the torch to Kobe or David Robsinon to Duncan Spurs squad. This is how you create a dynasty.
I don’t think wiggs is THAT good haha. But it’s yet another great move and talent evaluation from the Warriors and great development from the Warriors coaching staff. I’m very curious to see guys like Kuminga and Wiseman get out there too though.

Wiggins has found a great fit and a place where his skills can be maximized. He’s a 4th option on offense instead of a first. I can’t imagine the pressure guys like Wiggins face coming into the league. He was supposed to be the face of the league. Now he’s playing a very fun style of basketball. It’s why I didn’t blame KD for wanting to play with those guys.

That being said; and with the full realization that the game doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, GO CELTICS!

Last edited:
Looney is the real MVP!
I was about to say this. His knowledge of the GSW system since his drafting has paid dividends. With DAL being forced to play small for > 80% of the series, he has been able to abuse his matchups with ease and dish out to open shooters when the shot wasn't there.

I think Andrew Wiggins has also been an instrumental cog in the machine for this run. His two-way play bore the consistency that other teams salivate from their role players. He is in the best possible situation in that he can be the 4th/5th option without being a hindrance.

Warriors!!
Thanks I hate it

I was about to say this. His knowledge of the GSW system since his drafting has paid dividends. With DAL being forced to play small for > 80% of the series, he has been able to abuse his matchups with ease and dish out to open shooters when the shot wasn't there.

I think Andrew Wiggins has also been an instrumental cog in the machine for this run. His two-way play bore the consistency that other teams salivate from their role players. He is in the best possible situation in that he can be the 4th/5th option without being a hindrance.

Thanks I hate it
Looney turned things around when he got healthy and got in shape. He's always been an incredibly smart player but now he's practically irreplaceable with the way he defends and rebounds.

Celtics!!!! What an amazing 4th Q. Stunning. Can’t wait to rewatch it in a bit.
The game started 3:10 AM my time so because of my current living situation i had to go to bed before the game started and watch it when i woke up (without spoilers). And yeah, that 4th qtr. was amazing. To win with the way Tatum was shooting and the team was defending at times says a lot about the team.

The game started 3:10 AM my time so because of my current living situation i had to go to bed before the game started and watch it when i woke up (without spoilers). And yeah, that 4th qtr. was amazing. To win with the way Tatum was shooting and the team was defending at times says a lot about the team.
I’m still shocked they pulled off the win. Assume the GS fans are too. Tatum had a terrible shooting night, but I appreciate that he didn’t go into a hole (like he’s done a few times this year) and instead figured out other ways to help them win. His D and passing in the 4th quarter was awesome.

I’m still shocked they pulled off the win. Assume the GS fans are too. Tatum had a terrible shooting night, but I appreciate that he didn’t go into a hole (like he’s done a few times this year) and instead figured out other ways to help them win. His D and passing in the 4th quarter was awesome.
Watching the fourth quarter was like watching a car crash in slow motion. I have no idea why Iggy played so much, and the Warriors are going to struggle on nights both Klay (pedestrian game) and Poole (awful) don't show up.

Watching the fourth quarter was like watching a car crash in slow motion. I have no idea why Iggy played so much, and the Warriors are going to struggle on nights both Klay (pedestrian game) and Poole (awful) don't show up.
Interesting that the Iggu minutes stood out. I haven’t seen enough of them this year to make me think it was odd. I have no idea what to expect going forward, though I fully expect GS to win game 2. Just hoping for a great series.

Back