The NBA Thread

I mean Philly sports fans are basically known as the meanest fans in North American sports. You can literally Google it and multiple lists will come up with Philly at number one, I just did it. I could also mention when they cheered Irvins career ending neck injury. I was more using the batteries for humor. But I think a Philly fan taking umbrage with an opposing teams fans being mean to a player who has basically branded himself throughout the league as a heel and somewhat joyfully plays the part is a little of the pot and the kettle. I get that it sucks he's out, but C'MOOOON man.

I could also mention when they cheered Irvins career ending neck injury.
Also before 9/11. I was actually at that game. I was 10 yrs old and very upset. It was the last Eagles game I've attended. Zoomers have no idea this even happened, old man.

I don't blame siakam, things happen in the flow of play. But there's no denying he was reckless and the fans actively cheered it on.

And yeah if the situation were reversed it would be national sports news. But that's not what happened.

Also before 9/11. I was actually at that game. I was 10 yrs old and very upset. It was the last Eagles game I've attended. Zoomers have no idea this even happened, old man.

I don't blame siakam, things happen in the flow of play. But there's no denying he was reckless and the fans actively cheered it on.

And yeah if the situation were reversed it would be national sports news. But that's not what happened.
Ahh, I've worked in sports media for 23 years. I think I'm just desensitized from seeing this kind of stuff literally every single night for the last 2+ decades at work throughout every major North American league. I think if Embiid had left clearly injured rather than walking off under the bucket holding his face them immediately re-entering the game, as happens multiple times a game, every game with numerous different players, that the crowd reaction would have been more subdued/appropriate for an obvious injury OR... they'd do what they did with Durant and keep cheering which was bullshit. But we'll never know. Honestly I suspect Embiid will be back with a face shield, Lord knows we've seen it before with him and it'll give him a chance to go full wrestling heel with a jet black Dark Night mask.

joel-Embiid-ski-mask.jpg

I call for more of KAT being mic-ed during games to see what other early celebrations and bragging he does before blowing leads. The 4th quarter point differential was the largest in a playoff series in post-season history. Crazy.
That series was astonishing for 3 late double digit leads blown. A Wolves team that played with strong fundamentals would have won in 5.

That series was astonishing for 3 late double digit leads blown. A Wolves team that played with strong fundamentals would have won in 5.
They just showed no resolve or awareness of how to win games, or frankly, how to play basketball at a high level. They were blowing leads, coach was refusing to call TOs even after the Grizz went on huge runs. KAT was taking terrible contested fallaway jumpers in close games instead of going to the hoop. Pat Bev was doing the too small gesture when the game was close against a team that you know is gonna respond to something like that. KAT was talking shit and acting like they had the series in the bag. It's mind-blowing to me how much shit KAT was talking for a guy who hasn't won anything in the NBA.

I mean...cmon KAT...

Ant is nice though. That kid can play. He blew that defensive assignment on Ja for that game winner the other night, but I think he's gonna be a force in this league. I almost feel like he's underrated or nobody really talks about him. Maybe because he's in Minnie...

They just showed no resolve or awareness of how to win games, or frankly, how to play basketball at a high level. They were blowing leads, coach was refusing to call TOs even after the Grizz went on huge runs. KAT was taking terrible contested fallaway jumpers in close games instead of going to the hoop. Pat Bev was doing the too small gesture when the game was close against a team that you know is gonna respond to something like that. KAT was talking shit and acting like they had the series in the bag. It's mind-blowing to me how much shit KAT was talking for a guy who hasn't won anything in the NBA.

I mean...cmon KAT...

Ant is nice though. That kid can play. He blew that defensive assignment on Ja for that game winner the other night, but I think he's gonna be a force in this league. I almost feel like he's underrated or nobody really talks about him. Maybe because he's in Minnie...

The Wolves should definitely build around Ant, his ceiling is All-NBA for a long time. I'd have a meeting with KAT and say you're #2 going forward, you can either be okay with it or trade him out. If KAT is willing to be the 2nd star, i think that is a great role for him.

DLo needs to go. I think a veteran PG who isn't shoot first is what they need. Someone who can calm things down on the court.

The Wolves should definitely build around Ant, his ceiling is All-NBA for a long time. I'd have a meeting with KAT and say you're #2 going forward, you can either be okay with it or trade him out. If KAT is willing to be the 2nd star, i think that is a great role for him.

DLo needs to go. I think a veteran PG who isn't shoot first is what they need. Someone who can calm things down on the court.
Imagine if they had a PG like Ricky Rubio.........

Beverly has cornered the market on running around like a maniac all game whilst actually doing nothing.

Beverly has cornered the market on running around like a maniac all game whilst actually doing nothing.
I think he’s a good defensive player. But the cockiness has rubbed off on guys like KAT. He’s another guy who hasn’t won anything but talks tough

I think he’s a good defensive player. But the cockiness has rubbed off on guys like KAT. He’s another guy who hasn’t won anything but talks tough
I mean you're correct but... I can't stand him so I like to think he just runs around wildly gesticulating while actually accomplishing nothing. It brings me happiness.

Last edited:
Beverley would be a great 6th or 7th player on a contender that you could rely on for tough D and a jolt of energy. But I'm just not that impressed with his O or acting like he's the 3rd or 4th option on that team.

Hey did I miss the fuck the Raptors fans discussion? Because fuck the Raptors fanbase, conglomeration of spineless shitheads. Reminds me of the 2019 finals and the whole arena pointing at KD on the ground, and then cut to "Jurasic Park" Raptors events all over Canada with people cheering for the torn achilles.

I got random hate DM's on reddit from burner Raptors acounts untill over a year after those Finals. Called me every swear word you can think of, and even dipped into the antisemetic ones.

Seeing them cheer at an injury to the opposing star, during garbage time while you're getting blown out, didn't suprise me at all.

Fuck Raptors fans. Seriously. I don't know what it is that makes the vast, vast majority of that fanbase such sacks of human indecency.

Hey did I miss the fuck the Raptors fans discussion? Because fuck the Raptors fanbase, conglomeration of spineless shitheads. Reminds me of the 2019 finals and the whole arena pointing at KD on the ground, and then cut to "Jurasic Park" Raptors events all over Canada with people cheering for the torn achilles.

I got random hate DM's on reddit from burner Raptors acounts untill over a year after those Finals. Called me every swear word you can think of, and even dipped into the antisemetic ones.

Seeing them cheer at an injury to the opposing star, during garbage time while you're getting blown out, didn't suprise me at all.

Fuck Raptors fans. Seriously. I don't know what it is that makes the vast, vast majority of that fanbase such sacks of human indecency.
Nope you didn’t miss it haha. All fanbases have shitty people in them. I don’t see how any fans would have known at the time that Embiid was hurt badly on that play. Hell…it was a shock when Shams announced it on twitter.

Embiid always tries to make himself a villain. So when they are up big and he does the airplane gesture to mock the fans, not a shock that the Opposing team goes at him and fans cheer.

Back