The NBA Thread

Yeah and I've heard that Genghis Khan makes a mean ratatouille BUT YOU DON'T SEE ME INVITING HIM OVER FOR DINNER NOW DO YOU
A man alive some 800 years after his death making you a meal that is both out of country and out of time for him, and it's really good?

Sounds like a fun Friday night if you ask me.

So Embiid tells fans to "shut the fuck up", does an airplane taunt up 30 points in the 4th quarter and immediately gets his face caved in by a Siakum elbow. Now has a fractured orbital bone and a concussion and is out indefinitely.
#thatssoembiid

So Embiid tells fans to "shut the fuck up", does an airplane taunt up 30 points in the 4th quarter and immediately gets his face caved in by a Siakum elbow. Now has a fractured orbital bone and a concussion and is out indefinitely.
#thatssoembiid
It's so cool that raptors fans love injuries so much man

It's so cool that raptors fans love injuries so much man
Haha, I don't love it. But that entire sequence is just such an Embiid thing man...

Much in the same way that the Leafs resting all their players tonight could have easily lost and would then be playing Boston in the first round, but instead they're going to win and as a result get absolutely smashed by the two time defending champ Lightning.
#thatssoleafs

Last edited:
Haha, I don't love it. But that entire sequence is just such an Embiid thing man...

Apologies if not your intention, but framing a skull fracture and brain injury, which at a minimum was a reckless play by the opposing player, as some kind of karmic retribution as the local broadcast did while the stadium cheered and real life beat writers tweeted as a celebration, is out of bounds.

Apologies if not your intention, but framing a skull fracture and brain injury, which at a minimum was a reckless play by the opposing player, as some kind of karmic retribution as the local broadcast did while the stadium cheered and real life beat writers tweeted as a celebration, is out of bounds.
It was an elbow, happens every day in every game. It was bad luck that it turned out that bad. I feel for him. But local broadcasts are ALWAYS gunna say stuff like that, for any sport. As for the beat writers, like I said, this sort of stuff just seems to always happen to Embiid, call it karma or bad luck, he's just a magnet for calamity.

Also in terms of the stadium cheering c'mon man any stadium in the league is going to cheer if an opponent up by 30 in a playoff game punks them and then immediately gets dunked on, people didn't know he was injured, he stayed in the game. That's not the same thing.

Last edited:
Also in terms of the stadium cheering c'mon man any stadium in the league is going to cheer if an opponent up by 30 in a playoff game punks them and then immediately gets dunked on, people didn't know he was injured, he stayed in the game. That's not the same thing.
They cheered louder when they saw he was hurt along with mocking MVP chants. With a "dunked on" that had to be reversed through an obvious challenge. This is not debatable.

Again, any stadium in the league is going to react the same way to that right after he was openly mocking the fans up 30 in a playoff game. If the situations were reversed Philly fans would have been throwing batteries.
Raps fans were absolutely wrong to cheer when Durant got hurt, that was bush league. This is hard playoff basketball and I truly believe that sequence of events in any stadium in the league is going to result in the same response from every fanbase. But we can agreed to disagree.

Again, any stadium in the league is going to react the same way to that right after he was openly mocking the fans up 30 in a playoff game. If the situations were reversed Philly fans would have been throwing batteries.
Raps fans were absolutely wrong to cheer when Durant got hurt, that was bush league. This is hard playoff basketball and I truly believe that sequence of events in any stadium in the league is going to result in the same response from every fanbase. But we can agreed to disagree.
Difference is that Philly fans would (and probably will) criticize sixers players as they get smoked by 35 during an elimination game at home instead of rootíng for injuries.

Embiid rightfully mocked raptors fans with the airplane after they rightfully mocked him in '19. Btw the airplane was right after the raddest open court windmill.

Toronto mocking him as he gets elbowed down 30 is truly pathetic.

Difference is that Philly fans would (and probably will) criticize sixers players as they get smoked by 35 during an elimination game at home instead of rootíng for injuries.

Embiid rightfully mocked raptors fans with the airplane after they rightfully mocked him in '19. Btw the airplane was right after the raddest open court windmill.

Toronto mocking him as he gets elbowed down 30 is truly pathetic.
Look, Embiid has willfully cultivated his image as a heel. He's jawing at opposing coaches. He's screaming at fans to "shut the fuck up" he's showboating up 30 in the playoffs. This sort of stuff just invites hard play from your opponents, and hatred from opposing fan bases. You can't have it both ways.

Look, Embiid has willfully cultivated his image as a heel. He's jawing at opposing coaches. He's screaming at fans to "shut the fuck up" he's showboating up 30 in the playoffs. This sort of stuff just invites hard play from your opponents, and hatred from opposing fan bases. You can't have it both ways.
Maybe he should be nicer to the fanbase that chants "fuck Embiid" for 3 straight game you're right.

Back