The National

I can sell or transfer my Austin ticket today and the show isn't till next Friday.
See ya there!!! This will be my second show after 10 years almost to the date! Both posters will be sitting nicely together.

General question, is there a limited amount of posters at the show? Should I get there early if I want to snag one?

See ya there!!! This will be my second show after 10 years almost to the date! Both posters will be sitting nicely together.

General question, is there a limited amount of posters at the show? Should I get there early if I want to snag one?

I've never seen them live but I always go early for one just in case. I also always bring a poster tube. Remember if you're a cherry tree member they also have a variant of the poster for sale online

I've never had an issue getting a poster but they do offer them up at 10am the next day on their website and there's also a Cherry Tree variant. I hate carrying a poster around with me at a show so if it's not something I'm super into, I'll probably just wait till the next morning to see what the CT version looks like

I've never had an issue getting a poster but they do offer them up at 10am the next day on their website and there's also a Cherry Tree variant. I hate carrying a poster around with me at a show so if it's not something I'm super into, I'll probably just wait till the next morning to see what the CT version looks like

I have a a shoulder strap on my poster tube. It's a game changer and for GA shows I'm with someone it helps save my spot if I run to the bathroom or bar

So a straight up cover? That would be VERY rare for them.

They've covered it before. But yes covers are very rare for them when you have a catalog like they do.

I get what the artist was going for with the old Texas font but if it just could have something with it. But now I don’t have to worry about lugging a poster around with me. I’ll just wait and see what the CT variant is and order it when I get back home tomorrow.

Austin has definitely changed since I was last here. Time for some beer. Enjoy the show!

That show might be even performance wise with Red Rocks 2018. Nothing beats the background of Red Rocks for a show but the set list was deep and the performance of About Today almost had me in tears. It got very quiet as he sang and of course some dude blurted something out. The venue was pretty large for them and not well sold but they still performed their asses off. Very happy I made the trip down. Also got to check off some nostalgia highlights and try some new places.

The poster for tonight's show...that I'm not going to.

the-wire-this-is-bullshit.gif

The poster for tonight's show...that I'm not going to.

the-wire-this-is-bullshit.gif

I was so mad seeing this come up on my feed… this is a beautiful poster. But Austin’s poster is very much like the Austin now, pretty bland typography with lack of actual culture… with that said, I got the cherry tree black and white version lol

So, I came off the waitlist for tomorrow's Colbert taping, but the email went to my junk folder. I didn't see it for 50 minutes and by the time I clicked on RSVP, it was at capacity :(

I'm not bitter.... oh wait, yes I am.

ETA: and.... I persevered and was able to confirm! It doesn't mean I'm definitely in, but I have a shot.

1700417732239.png

Last edited:
Okay. This one I can live with but I’m going to wait to see what the CT version is.

Excellent show and very you got to work tomorrow friendly. Done by 10:20. Started at 8. I think they wanted to get it done since they have to be in NYC tomorrow. Wife and I got to high five Matt as he walked by us.

Back