The National - Cherry Tree Club

Sorry to keep posting...but random thought again.

Any time they put out a Cherry Tree Volume i hope for an excessive giant box set of live stuff to be rereleased officially. They clearly record every show. The MSG one or Ally Pally shows from last year would make great full sets.

giphy.gif

I got my package the other day (I was away with work so missed it) and annoyingly it looks like I didnt get a keyring with mine.

I have emailed Cherry Tree to see if it was a random addition but having read through here I guess they just forgot.

As an FYI, I got the pink slipmat but haven't opened up the record yet so not sure of the colour.

Also, I agree with @MikeH, the socks have been my favourite add on by far to date.

To be fair. I am a bit disappointed with the all the extras I have received. My expectations were to be considered as a fan, not like someone who likes the band but rather someone who loves National music and therefore accept to pay a subscription.

So far, I have mostly received cheap goodies with National written on it. I was expecting more like handwritten stuff, exclusive pictures, lyrics books... Things more related to their music than a pair of socks or a scarf with National on it. I like the exclusive access to tickets or to exclusive releases but not being in the US, I don't take advantage of these.

Anyway, that's just me and everyone has different expectations. I'll stay subscribed and I am excited with the vinyl.
I have to admit that I have been debating whether or not to cancel my sub. I've had it from the beginning and love the idea of a band/group releasing a yearly package like they have been, but im only a casual The National listener and its got to the point where I dont really listen to the sets that often now, especially as more keep getting added to the pile.

I need to have a proper think about it really. The bonus items in the new set haven't really excited me like the socks did (simple things) so maybe thats enough to convince me its time to dip out.

Is the keychain a parody of something? The CT logo is weirdly not their usual minimalist/sans-serif modern look and the shape and thickness is weird too. Is it just a random keychain that is an inch thick with a weird CT alternate logo?

Is the keychain a parody of something? The CT logo is weirdly not their usual minimalist/sans-serif modern look and the shape and thickness is weird too. Is it just a random keychain that is an inch thick with a weird CT alternate logo?

The Keychain is floatable - the kind of thing you attach to your boat keys or other important items you don't want sinking to the bottom of a large body of water. The most recent two releases have the following tracks: Once Upon a Poolside and Deep End.

That is the only explanation I can fathom.......................................................................................................(see what I did there?)

1718656412106.png

I think that is enough extra context for this to feel a lot more thoughtful to me. I knew I had to be missing something. Only thing that slightly feels missing is whether they were doing a direct parody of an existing logo with the Cherry Tree Club logo side.

I think I'm going to sell off all of my Cherry Tree live records - I just don't listen to them and could use the money. So keep an eye on the FS thread if there are any that you're missing!

didn't realize there seem to be two different versions of cherry tree vol 6? at least according to discogs. mine is eco-mix but discogs says theres also a purple marbled...

Back