The National - Cherry Tree Club

To be fair. I am a bit disappointed with the all the extras I have received. My expectations were to be considered as a fan, not like someone who likes the band but rather someone who loves National music and therefore accept to pay a subscription.

So far, I have mostly received cheap goodies with National written on it. I was expecting more like handwritten stuff, exclusive pictures, lyrics books... Things more related to their music than a pair of socks or a scarf with National on it. I like the exclusive access to tickets or to exclusive releases but not being in the US, I don't take advantage of these.

Anyway, that's just me and everyone has different expectations. I'll stay subscribed and I am excited with the vinyl.

To be fair. I am a bit disappointed with the all the extras I have received. My expectations were to be considered as a fan, not like someone who likes the band but rather someone who loves National music and therefore accept to pay a subscription.

So far, I have mostly received cheap goodies with National written on it. I was expecting more like handwritten stuff, exclusive pictures, lyrics books... Things more related to their music than a pair of socks or a scarf with National on it. I like the exclusive access to tickets or to exclusive releases but not being in the US, I don't take advantage of these.

Anyway, that's just me and everyone has different expectations. I'll stay subscribed and I am excited with the vinyl.
I do appreciate that they give us access to presale tickets - I've been very fortunate over the years. I also love that there is always a vinyl release - 8 songs this time is somewhat disappointing, but it's better than nothing. (Still looking at you Pearl Jam 10club for discontinuing the annual vinyl single and turning the fan club ticketing into a lottery in which my luck has been beyond abysmal)

I also love that we can get fanclub variants of vinyl, posters and shirts.

The extras in the packages to me are just meh but fun. I have more felt slipmats than I could ever use, the coasters are sitting on a shelf gathering dust. The poster is hung, but tbh, it's not a print that I really like.

I got mine in today! Despite thinking it's a bit too short, this is a nice collection of songs. Also it is like 40 minutes or so, so even though it feels light it's a decent length for a small listen. I'll probably pair this with Volume 1 or the Forest Hills Stadium vinyl for a longer single listen. I gotta say this version of Smoke Detector is really great. Just hearing that drumming hits straight through to me.

Sorry to keep posting...but random thought again.

Any time they put out a Cherry Tree Volume i hope for an excessive giant box set of live stuff to be rereleased officially. They clearly record every show. The MSG one or Ally Pally shows from last year would make great full sets.

giphy.gif

I got my package the other day (I was away with work so missed it) and annoyingly it looks like I didnt get a keyring with mine.

I have emailed Cherry Tree to see if it was a random addition but having read through here I guess they just forgot.

As an FYI, I got the pink slipmat but haven't opened up the record yet so not sure of the colour.

Also, I agree with @MikeH, the socks have been my favourite add on by far to date.

I have to admit that I have been debating whether or not to cancel my sub. I've had it from the beginning and love the idea of a band/group releasing a yearly package like they have been, but im only a casual The National listener and its got to the point where I dont really listen to the sets that often now, especially as more keep getting added to the pile.

I need to have a proper think about it really. The bonus items in the new set haven't really excited me like the socks did (simple things) so maybe thats enough to convince me its time to dip out.

Is the keychain a parody of something? The CT logo is weirdly not their usual minimalist/sans-serif modern look and the shape and thickness is weird too. Is it just a random keychain that is an inch thick with a weird CT alternate logo?

Is the keychain a parody of something? The CT logo is weirdly not their usual minimalist/sans-serif modern look and the shape and thickness is weird too. Is it just a random keychain that is an inch thick with a weird CT alternate logo?

The Keychain is floatable - the kind of thing you attach to your boat keys or other important items you don't want sinking to the bottom of a large body of water. The most recent two releases have the following tracks: Once Upon a Poolside and Deep End.

That is the only explanation I can fathom.......................................................................................................(see what I did there?)

1718656412106.png

Back