The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

Noticed I seemed to be solely responsible for certain albums landing on the list which was fun 😅 not too many surprises when it comes to the higher spots.

Though I have to say it...
Only one female artist being included in the top 25 (unless you count Talking Heads) is a little disheartening. Not surprising, but meh.

Noticed I seemed to be solely responsible for certain albums landing on the list which was fun 😅 not too many surprises when it comes to the higher spots.

Though I have to say it...
Only one female artist being included in the top 25 (unless you count Talking Heads) is a little disheartening. Not surprising, but meh.

Didn’t need a spoiler and agreed, although I’m every bit as responsible for it as everyone else.

I just don't want to rain on anyone's parade. This was a fun exercise and I sincerely thank @Woob_woob for taking on such a massive project!

I didn’t think you were, I think it’s important that we all notice these things. I do think that it’s equally the fault of the music industry historically in its inability, or more likely disinclination, to sign up and equally promote female artists and also the manner in which they chose to promote them.

Apologies for the delay...built most of these at work during downtime and finished the other ~150 entries at home. Please note that there are some repeated titles across charts. No artist names + album titles to the right, so refer to Woob's list if needed.
Thank you again @Woob_woob for compiling the data considering your circumstances and priorities!!!

Top1-100.png
101-200.PNG
201-300.PNG
301-400.png
401-500.PNG

I’m also curious to know how many points was the cut off to make the list (i.e. how many points did the #500 Behemoth album get).
Welp, my assumption is that I am the only person who had that particular album in my top 50 (unless @Goatfish included it). It was #16 on my top 50. So one person including it in their top 20 was at least enough to get it placed at #500.

Three cheers for the outliers!

was there EVER any doubt about the number 1?
We don't know what the votes were like from people who didn't post them publicly, but for a while it definitely seemed like London Calling was going to be #1. It showed up on a lot of lists and usually very high.
Welp, my assumption is that I am the only person who had that particular album in my top 50 (unless @Goatfish included it). It was #16 on my top 50. So one person including it in their top 20 was at least enough to get it placed at #500.

Three cheers for the outliers!
I'm definitely the only person who voted from #305 (local artist barely anybody knows) and I had it just outside my top 10, I think. Pretty cool that it made it on to the list where it did. And the only reason its album art showed up on the topsters chart is because I uploaded it, heh.

I think the biggest casualty of the one album per artist orthodoxy was Bowie, I would definitely have expected him to have an album higher. I suppose he suffered from having such a run of great albums that people chose from a spread of them rather than there being a standout concentrating the votes.

I think the biggest casualty of the one album per artist orthodoxy was Bowie, I would definitely have expected him to have an album higher. I suppose he suffered from having such a run of great albums that people chose from a spread of them rather than there being a standout concentrating the votes.
Did everyone adhere to that though? I liked the anarchy of doing whatever TF I wanted in terms of artist spread. I’d be curious to know who all followed those parameters.

Did everyone adhere to that though? I liked the anarchy of doing whatever TF I wanted in terms of artist spread. I’d be curious to know who all followed those parameters.

No I didn’t because I thought it was dumb, some artists are better and it’s not my top 50 without all the albums of theirs that I like.

It did feel like the majority of the published lists did though.

Back