The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

I mean perhaps, or just being wrong, that one was kinda like me saying The Jimi Hendrix Experience are British despite Jimi Hendrix being American 😉
haha i based it mostly on Wikipedia - which said the band formed originally in Wisconsin and they found Shirley after the fact.

haha i based it mostly on Wikipedia - which said the band formed originally in Wisconsin and they found Shirley after the fact.

I mean the same, Jimi came over to London and formed a band of British musicians. He made his earliest breakthroughs in England. Equally it’s silly to say that he’s not both the star and American. Likewise with Garbage, they ain’t Garbage without Shirley, she be the star.

I mean the same, Jimi came over to London and formed a band of British musicians. He made his earliest breakthroughs in England. Equally it’s silly to say that he’s not both the star and American. Likewise with Garbage, they ain’t Garbage without Shirley, she be the star.
Yeah using that logic, If they were in my list, I'd consider The Jimi Hendrix Experience an English band lol
Agreed that Garbage is not Garbage without Shirley - but i'd say the same about Butch Vig too
Cibo Matto narrowly missed my list too but they were 2 Japanese women who formed in New York. I'd consider them an American Group from origin of where the group formed.
And Blonde Redhead (who did make my list somewhere) - had members from Italy & Japan - Formed in New York - American Band to me.

Last edited:
Yeah using that logic, If they were in my list, I'd consider The Jimi Hendrix Experience an English band lol
Agreed that Garbage is not Garbage without Shirley - but i'd say the same about Butch Vig too

Yeah I agree, I’d consider them a British/American band. The Jimi Hendrix Experience I’d consider as a solidly American act lol.

Yeah, i'm not saying i'm right, just what I decided to base my logic on

Yeah, i'm not saying i'm right, just what I decided to base my logic on

I see it like you do: Garbage is an American band (despite the Scottish singer). Jimi Hendrix is an American artist. I’d even say that The Jimi Hendrix Experience is a British band, but c’mon nobody ever says they’re “listening to the Experience.”

Here is another: the Talking Heads are an American band, even though David Byrne is Canadian.

We can keep this train going: Arcade Fire is a Canadian band, even though the Butler bros are very American.

Another tricky one (not that anyone other than me cares about them!) is Ladytron: Scottish singer, Bulgarian singer, plus two English guys. I say British band!

The only one that gives me pause is Fleetwood Mac (the Buckingham-Nicks variety). That’s the only one that I’d label English-American.

Last edited:
I see it like you do: Garbage is an American band (despite the Scottish singer). Jimi Hendrix is an American artist. I’d even say that The Jimi Hendrix Experience is a British band, but c’mon nobody ever says they’re “listening to the Experience.”

Here is another: the Talking Heads are an American band, even though David Byrne is Canadian.

We can keep this train going: Arcade Fire is a Canadian band, even though the Butler bros are very American.

Another tricky one (not that anyone other than me cares about them!) is Ladytron: Scottish singer, Bulgarian singer, plus two English guys. I say British band!

The only one that gives me pause is Fleetwood Mac (the Buckingham-Nicks variety). That’s the only one that I’d label English-American.

Not to be that guy, but I think Byrne was born in Scotland, moved to Canada, and then to Baltimore when he was still relatively young.

Idk about nationality, but I can pretty confidently say most of the artists on my list are in fact humans. Still on the fence if cartoonz count as humanz. (see what i did there?)

Mather's WHAT

My cat sounds coming from the UK has been in the mail since August 11th... And a PIF from New Jersey sent Aug 8th JUST got to my local post office today.

Meow The Jewels. Don't ask me why. It's the dumbest album I've ever bought. As soon as I saw how it came to be created, and the fact that the jacket is covered in actual fake fur, I had to have it.

Idk about nationality, but I can pretty confidently say most of the artists on my list are in fact humans. Still on the fence if cartoonz count as humanz. (see what i did there?)
well one of them DID become a robot

oh yes Meow the Jewels. I'm familiar with this. I thought Mather had constructed a record of cat noises at first and wanted to know where I could buy one IMMEDIATELY.

also, this reminds me, I may need to find a spot of RTJ2 on my list

Back