The N&G Listening Club V1 - Archive only

Funny story. Yesterday I was plugging away at a report and listening to the album. Two middle school kids came to give me some paperwork. One of them said, "Hey I like that song." I didn't notice what song was playing.

I am deeply sorry for the delay. Everyone's life was thrown in a blender and we're all just trying to make sense of it all.

I was struggling with this choice. It's not normal out there. When I signed up to choose an album many moons ago, I had this album in mind. But then corona happened. This album is melancholy and introspective. Would people prefer something more uplifting? Well, we all handle stress and crisis in different ways. So for those that like to get melancholy, this is the album for you.

I've shouted about this album all across the forum. It came out in 2017 and I am not sure I've seen anyone else mention it ever. It is a gorgeous album. It opens up more with each listen. Ethan's voice is very unique. Some of the songs sound like mere brainstorms of songs. And some are fully developed songs of heartbreak. Rather Be is the song that first pulled me in. It resonated so hard with me. I was going through a decline in a relationship and the words just spoke to me. "Where is it you'd rather be?" We've all felt that - your partner, although right there in your life, is pulling away, distant, distracted. The song is like screaming into the void.

I hope you all find something beautiful in Ethan's work. It is a very special album.

And for those that handle stress in a completely different way, the happy album I choose for you is this masterpiece. Seriously, if you haven't listened ever before, now is the time!

I am deeply sorry for the delay. Everyone's life was thrown in a blender and we're all just trying to make sense of it all.

I was struggling with this choice. It's not normal out there. When I signed up to choose an album many moons ago, I had this album in mind. But then corona happened. This album is melancholy and introspective. Would people prefer something more uplifting? Well, we all handle stress and crisis in different ways. So for those that like to get melancholy, this is the album for you.

I've shouted about this album all across the forum. It came out in 2017 and I am not sure I've seen anyone else mention it ever. It is a gorgeous album. It opens up more with each listen. Ethan's voice is very unique. Some of the songs sound like mere brainstorms of songs. And some are fully developed songs of heartbreak. Rather Be is the song that first pulled me in. It resonated so hard with me. I was going through a decline in a relationship and the words just spoke to me. "Where is it you'd rather be?" We've all felt that - your partner, although right there in your life, is pulling away, distant, distracted. The song is like screaming into the void.

I hope you all find something beautiful in Ethan's work. It is a very special album.

And for those that handle stress in a completely different way, the happy album I choose for you is this masterpiece. Seriously, if you haven't listened ever before, now is the time!

I'm down for a double feature! Looking forward to the listening...

I've listened to that Carly Rae Jepsen several times this week. That is great pop album...good catchy stuff...well produced. I guess I was in the mood for upbeat stuff first. I like that one though...good listen.

I've listened to that Carly Rae Jepsen several times this week. That is great pop album...good catchy stuff...well produced. I guess I was in the mood for upbeat stuff first. I like that one though...good listen.
Had you ever listened to CRJ before? Have i converted you??? She's got the pop thing down!

Had you ever listened to CRJ before? Have i converted you??? She's got the pop thing down!
I remember her first single...call me maybe but had not listened to anything since. I typically don't gravitate towards pop music...but I don't avoid it either. I would definitely play this more. I was looking...Rostam produced a track on this album. There is something to be said for pop albums that are well done (and well produced) and this is one of them. I like this too because it is something I can connect with my daughter with... I would enjoy listening to this with her.

I think the most important question is do you like her better as a blonde or brunette?
Why not both? Let her live her life. And i have no right giving opinions on anyone's hair today given what i just did to myself in an attempt to cut mine. Lol

Why not both? Let her live her life. And i have no right giving opinions on anyone's hair today given what i just did to myself in an attempt to cut mine. Lol
That’s a good point. Beauticians and barbers are likely on a break at the moment...ive been doing the 1 blade fade for quite awhile now...so I’m quite mystified by all of these hair choices. Let em live...blonde or brunette...or green

I know that we've been on hiatus here for the last two months, but I have a big announcement.

@Crenshaw Blvd contacted me a couple of days ago asking if they could take over the Listening Club and I gave them my blessing, so that will be happening soon.

There will be a new thread and most likely a new sign-up form for participation. Before that happens, does anybody have any suggestions?

I know that we've been on hiatus here for the last two months, but I have a big announcement.

@Crenshaw Blvd contacted me a couple of days ago asking if they could take over the Listening Club and I gave them my blessing, so that will be happening soon.

There will be a new thread and most likely a new sign-up form for participation. Before that happens, does anybody have any suggestions?

I got a last one, do I send it to you or should I just post it? 🤘

Back