The May 2023 Record Spin Challenge: Silver Screen Edition

4 Apocalypse Now
Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?"
Willard: "I don't see any method at all sir"

Bullfrog "Bullfrog" (2001 Ropeadope Records)
Was talking about this record recently... Montreal funk band from the early 2000's with Kid Koala doing his thing on the turntables. I'd call his method of using the turntables as pretty unorthodox and unique.

IMG_0065.JPG

4 Apocalypse Now

Mickey Hart & Bill Kreutzmann provided much of the ambiance music for Apocalypse Now as the Rhythm Devils. Since I can't find my CD copy of that anywhere, I'll spin this album that uses Rhythm Devils as the name of the Drums break.

Grateful Dead ~ Dead Set

1683215420674.png

I'm catching up on the thread so this might have already been discussed but is anyone doing the movie watch challenge with this? I'm thinking I might try.
I would love to do that, but there's no way I'd be able to keep up with it. I think I may for any of the movies I haven't seen. Tomorrow's 'Heathers' would be the first one of those.

I would love to do that, but there's no way I'd be able to keep up with it. I think I may for any of the movies I haven't seen. Tomorrow's 'Heathers' would be the first one of those.
Normally I wouldn't either, but the next 8 days are me grading final papers, so I figure I'll switch it up between spinning records and having movies on in the background. See how far I get.

Or I didn't maybe I want to be too on the nose.

Actually I forgot.
Topps-Star-Wars-Living-Set-236-Doctor-Cornelius-Evazan.jpg

On the nose??? You don't want to hurt this guys feelings.

Day 4 Apocalypse Now
Interpret how you wish
OR
Play something recorded with uncommon or unorthodox methods or instruments
PXL_20230505_002133696.jpg
DJ Shadow "Endtroducing...." - An album made entirely out of samples, there was a method to what sounds like utter madness and the results are timeless!! This is an all timer for me and still blows my mind to this day!

5 Heathers
"Dear diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count" - Veronica
Interpret how you wish
OR
Play something about teen angst or murder

Kali Uchis "Isolation" (2018 Virgin)
The last track is called "Killer" and is one of my favorites of the record, featuring the Dap Kings as the backing band.

IMG_0070.JPG

Back