The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

I know this wasn’t one of the options but if we are trying to find the one readily available GD set I would go with One From the Vault. You can find it for about the same price as those other two.

This was my introduction to the dead when I was 14 and did not get them, an old library copy that I picked up because I read Cliff stoll’s the cuckoo egg, and he mentions the Grateful Dead in the book. It took a long time, but I finally got into the album like 30 years later when I got into the dead good and proper. that intro still gets me every time.

“…will you welcome please, the Grateful Dead” help>slip>franklins is still my favorite 1-2-3 combo

I've got a baby coming in February and I've never been to Vegas before, but I will try my darndest to make one of these shows. The memes of John's guitar face taking up the entire sphere have already been worth the price of admission.

I've never seen any kind of dead live and this would be very very tempting

This was my introduction to the dead when I was 14 and did not get them, an old library copy that I picked up because I read Cliff stoll’s the cuckoo egg, and he mentions the Grateful Dead in the book. It took a long time, but I finally got into the album like 30 years later when I got into the dead good and proper. that intro still gets me every time.

“…will you welcome please, the Grateful Dead” help>slip>franklins is still my favorite 1-2-3 combo
That intro is unbeatable!

Back in stock...

It looks like this probably is from an early-2000's broadcast. Haven't been able to find any evidence that Garrison has re-appeared.
the reddit post says from last night's (1/11/2024) show at the Ryman. No idea how correct that is, but they are doing 50th Anniversary shows this year and did have a show last night.

When I lived in Minneapolis I attended 2 tapings of Prarie Home Companion. One was a joke show, the other was a tribute to Bill Monroe, and one of the musicians was Peter Rowan (who was also in Old & In The Way, making the Dead connection).

the reddit post says from last night's (1/11/2024) show at the Ryman. No idea how correct that is, but they are doing 50th Anniversary shows this year and did have a show last night.
My mistake then. I was trying to figure out who the woman was that was singing with him, and my search led me to the name of someone who is a good deal older today than the woman in that video, so I jumped to conclusions. :D

Back