The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Anyone here get the saint of circumstance vinyl curious on the sound quality
Mine should be delivered today.
I definitely find myself gravitating towards the cd box sets rather than the one show LPs with these releases unless it's a show I really love (2/28/69) as I do the bulk of my Dead listening while driving. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna grab this LP. Between the CD and the DVD, not sure I'd spin it much.

Besides the obvious winners of this show, I really love the “Not Fade Away” jam. So, so good; Jerry pulls out some tasty licks. 💀🌹

I don't know the obvious winners yet, but through side 4 they are all outstanding. I really like Loser, but I'll probably have a new favorite after every listen.

People keep telling me I'm too late to the party, nah this is exactly the discovery I needed at this point in my life, it's blowing me away and I haven't been this excited about music in a long time.

I don't know the obvious winners yet, but through side 4 they are all outstanding. I really like Loser, but I'll probably have a new favorite after every listen).

People keep telling me I'm too late to the party, nah this is exactly the discovery I needed at this point in my life, it's blowing me away and I haven't been this excited about music in a long time.
There’s no such thing as being late to the party, just happy to have you here and also that you’re enjoying the ride (*fights urge to make “Hell In A Bucket” reference.

Only meant “the obvious winners” as in the lauded Scarlet Begonias -> Fire On The Mountain and the “Morning Dew” which is one of the better ones after the Europe 72 version.

And I’m so jealous. Falling in love, over the course of many, many years, with the Dead is some of the best spent time of my life. Cheers,

One should never resist a Hell in a Bucket reference.

They're one of the few bands that even if you feel like you know them really well you can find some performance or moment which turns that notion upside down. That's really special.

Recorded this show a few years ago and gave it a couple listens today. Came out pretty well. Kind of unique as there were just a handful of dates on this tour.

Thought I'd throw up the link in case anyone else is interested. Enjoy and pass it on.

The Weir / Robinson / Greene Acoustic Trio - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Asheville, NC 5-29-12

Back