The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Been working on getting the Cincinnati Reds Grateful Dead night giveaways off of eBay lately. This guy came today with his neck snapped clean off from shipping. Nothing a little super gorilla glue can't fix (hopefully).

15682232869011756967265751727952.jpg

Got this one last week. It's my favorite of them so far.

15682233024255583230097877311219.jpg

The 2016 release is going for $100 right now which is too steep for me, but will keep watching. Also, have received conflicting info that the same figurine was given in 2017 too. I doubt it, but still looking.

2015's giveaway was this figurine. Haven't seen any in the wild yet.
1568223737222.png

Been working on getting the Cincinnati Reds Grateful Dead night giveaways off of eBay lately. This guy came today with his neck snapped clean off from shipping. Nothing a little super gorilla glue can't fix (hopefully).

View attachment 16810

Got this one last week. It's my favorite of them so far.

View attachment 16811

The 2016 release is going for $100 right now which is too steep for me, but will keep watching. Also, have received conflicting info that the same figurine was given in 2017 too. I doubt it, but still looking.

2015's giveaway was this figurine. Haven't seen any in the wild yet.
View attachment 16813

These are awesome, been a Reds fan my whole life.

Sooo.. I need Europe 72 in my life, what versions should I be hunting for?
Anyone that can give suggestions is greatly appreciated.
All of the Dead’s 70 presses sound awesome. I would try to track one of those down. I’ve got an original, albeit VG/VG+, and think it sounds phenomenal.

Also, best “Morning Dew” ever from that collection. Jerry wept towards the end, that’s how powerful it was. Even for him.

All of the Dead’s 70 presses sound awesome. I would try to track one of those down. I’ve got an original, albeit VG/VG+, and think it sounds phenomenal.

Also, best “Morning Dew” ever from that collection. Jerry wept towards the end, that’s how powerful it was. Even for him.

That Morning Dew is phenomenal. That's the same one discussed in the Long Strange Trip documentary, right?

Oh yeah learned this last night watching Long Strange Trip, then streamed 72' all day at work.

Thanks I was looking at older versions, wasn't sure if the 2011s reissues were worth the extra coin, those are 60-100$

The studio truck recording engineer left the truck and before he could get back Morning Dew dropped, he stayed on stage to enjoy it but freaked out about the recording going unsupervised. Jerry told him later "that's definitely going on the album"!

Such a great doc, I could start watching it again right now.
This coming from someone that's been listing to Dead for a month. For those just getting interested I highly recommend this series.

Caught Bob Weir & Wolf Bros. last night. Kind of a weird arrangement w/ Bob being the only guitar player. On the electric Dead songs, you could really feel the missing lead guitar playing, almost like you had to fill in the blanks on the arrangements. The acoustic side and Dylan/Beatles covers were great though and fit the trio much better. He played a great version of Blackbird last night. The first time I heard him do that was back in '88 / '89 when Bob & Rob Wasserman opened for the JGB, so it really took me back.

IMG_0054.JPG

Man, Hunter. Not sure I can even put it in to words but I wouldn’t be the person I am without him. His words and songs have been floating around in my head since I was 6 years old.

If I knew the way, I would take you home
I would NOT be the same person I am today without Hunter’s poetic wisdom and the Dead’s universal rhythms.

“Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world”

Back