The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Interesting...music direct has no mention of this on their site though
Someone mentioned that they called MD and MD said they were hoping for the stock to hit their warehouse soon. But....the MD CS doesn't seem to be super knowledgable about their stock too often.

Someone mentioned that they called MD and MD said they were hoping for the stock to hit their warehouse soon. But....the MD CS doesn't seem to be super knowledgable about their stock too often.
Good thing we went mofi too then :)

Cross-posting this here and in the guitar players' thread. I'm not really into GD, but I've had some Deadhead friends in the past for whom I would fake a smile with glazed-over eyes as they described how the "10/18/1974 show was peak Jerry playing because his fretting-hand's pointer finger callous had gained sentience" (don't know if that was an actual GD show or if it was peak Jerry - although pretty sure the callous sentience is accurate - but you get my point). Along the way ended up seeing Ratdog, Phil Lesh & Friends, Dark Star Orchestra, etc. many, many times - b/c of said friends, not really 'cause it's my musical cup of tea.

Any way, was just reading some stuff on Rick Turner (famously designing the guitar model that is Lindsey Buckingham's go-to guitar), which led me to Alembic. I, of course, was familiar with Alembic in a peripheral sort of way b/c of GD. This was a good little read:

Hey @MikeH ...there is no chance of those mofi wake of the flood or live being pressed again any time soon right ?
Not that I am aware of. It's always possible that they release a 45 of Wake or start reissuing titles without numbers on the back but I would be a bit surprised. Live/Dead doesn't seem to have a pressing number on it (just says "numbered edition") but it's on sale at MD for $200 so they usually don't do that if there's any plan to repress it soon. They have 54 copies left of it at MD.

Not that I am aware of. It's always possible that they release a 45 of Wake or start reissuing titles without numbers on the back but I would be a bit surprised. Live/Dead doesn't seem to have a pressing number on it (just says "numbered edition") but it's on sale at MD for $200 so they usually don't do that if there's any plan to repress it soon. They have 54 copies left of it at MD.
Yeah $200 is crazy you can buy one off of cogs for half that price ...I’m tempted to start trying to pulling the trigger on those older 2😳💸

Yeah $200 is crazy you can buy one off of cogs for half that price ...I’m tempted to start trying to pulling the trigger on those older 2😳💸
Wake is a bit more expensive last time I checked but I do remember seeing some make an offers on ebay not too long ago and I think they were listed at around $150.

Back