The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Not the GD sound I prefer. Never listen to it. Only reason I've kept it is because the record is pretty much mint.

Id be happy to send it your way. Sleeve has some corner wear, minor ring wear. I believe it has the OG inner sleeve.
I mean if you really want to...I’d be down;)

Real Gone has Grateful Dead: Dick's Picks 34 (6-LP Set) back in stock. I missed out on the first go and also the discounted unnumbered extras, so don't know what this is or how many are left.

Real Gone has Grateful Dead: Dick's Picks 34 (6-LP Set) back in stock. I missed out on the first go and also the discounted unnumbered extras, so don't know what this is or how many are left.

If they ever put out volume 28 make sure I get tagged!!!

Looks like Live Garcia Volume 14 was just announced, and they will be doing a 2-LP version. Also, according to Jerry's twiiter, they will be releasing the RSD Best of set in September.

"The GarciaLive series is set to return with our first dip into the acoustic realm! GarciaLive Volume 14: January 27th, 1986 The Ritz spotlights an exultant Jerry Garcia & John Kahn acoustic duo performance in the heart of New York City."

Looks like Live Garcia Volume 14 was just announced, and they will be doing a 2-LP version. Also, according to Jerry's twiiter, they will be releasing the RSD Best of set in September.

"The GarciaLive series is set to return with our first dip into the acoustic realm! GarciaLive Volume 14: January 27th, 1986 The Ritz spotlights an exultant Jerry Garcia & John Kahn acoustic duo performance in the heart of New York City."

Nice!

Here's the LP preorder.

I'm still undecided on the RSD Greatest Hits. Generally I'm opposed to Greatest Hits as a rule. We'll see.

Nice!

Here's the LP preorder.

I'm still undecided on the RSD Greatest Hits. Generally I'm opposed to Greatest Hits as a rule. We'll see.

The RSD Greatest Hits box set has a really cool etching of Garcia's 4 and a half fingers on his picking hand on the last side of the 5th record..

Had a quick question for y'all--looking at buying Workingman's Dead and Blues for Allah. I found MoFis of both (and Mars Hotel) at a shop for $50 each and they seem largely out of stock everywhere else. Are they worth buying or would I be better getting the 50th anniversary pressing of Workingman's Dead instead? Is the 50th only a picture disc?

Had a quick question for y'all--looking at buying Workingman's Dead and Blues for Allah. I found MoFis of both (and Mars Hotel) at a shop for $50 each and they seem largely out of stock everywhere else. Are they worth buying or would I be better getting the 50th anniversary pressing of Workingman's Dead instead? Is the 50th only a picture disc?
You already know the answer my friend...MOFI...The only comparable pressings besides clean originals (which are not that expensive) are the Rhinos.

You already know the answer my friend...MOFI...The only comparable pressings besides clean originals (which are not that expensive) are the Rhinos.
I think my wallet was hoping for a different answer haha. I might grab the MoFi of Workingman's Dead and there's a rhino of Blues for Allah on discogs for not too much...might skip out on Mars Hotel for now.

I think my wallet was hoping for a different answer haha. I might grab the MoFi of Workingman's Dead and there's a rhino of Blues for Allah on discogs for not too much...might skip out on Mars Hotel for now.
I haven't heard the Rhinos but they get high marks from what I've read. I have the Mofi of Mars and Blues for Allah and they both sound fantastic, Blues especially.

Ended up grabbing Workingman's Dead and Dylan's New Morning from the seller (it was only $29) and got Blues for Allah Rhino for $30 on discogs.
I think this is the right move. The 50th have only been released as picture discs(or cd with a short, full show included). The Rhino pressing sounds good, the Mofi better, which for a classic like WMD is deserved. I too would hold out on Mars from that list. Hopefully one can be found in the wild, if not, a rhino will likely be available soon when the crazy Dead grab slows down

Need a repress of Dicks 8 so bad

Need a repress of Dicks 8 so bad
7 out of the first 8 Dick's Picks were with Brookvale, who seem to have fallen out of favor with the powers that be with the GD in lieu of Real Gone. My understanding is that Real Gone can pick and choose among the remaining DPs. The release for 8 seemed to suggest Brookvale got to choose their last release.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt there will be a reissue anytime soon when 27 other Dick's Picks have never been released on vinyl. DP8 is one of the few that is worth what the secondary market is charging.

7 out of the first 8 Dick's Picks were with Brookvale, who seem to have fallen out of favor with the powers that be with the GD in lieu of Real Gone. My understanding is that Real Gone can pick and choose among the remaining DPs. The release for 8 seemed to suggest Brookvale got to choose their last release.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt there will be a reissue anytime soon when 27 other Dick's Picks have never been released on vinyl. DP8 is one of the few that is worth what the secondary market is charging.

What others are worth secondary market prices in your opinion? For me, probably 3 and 5

What others are worth secondary market prices in your opinion? For me, probably 3 and 5
Of the Dick's Picks that have been released on vinyl, I would rank them this way:
4 (2/13/70 is one of my favorite shows of all time, but the 90 minute late set should be heard as one continuous piece, not broken up by vinyl flips)

Back