The Funhouse - The Punks are all right

I don't mind Poppy. Hell, Back in the day, I was a huge Green Day fan. Somewhere around Insomnia they lost me. I definitely don't like what I have heard from Blink 182 though and that kind of stuff as a general rule doesn't really appeal to me.
Based on what you mentioned you liked/picked up on your little adventure, I need to dig up some recos - because you’re very much in the same vein as I am with your preferences.

Unrelated, I need to broaden my punk horizons and quit being an old man about it and give them new gen punks a shot for some discovery. I’m not super into hardcore, so I think I need to find a few more labels to dial into.

(Edit: …he says as he puts on the Dead Boys for the third time this week.)
Listen. To. Sprints.

NOFX - The Decline (1999)
Rancid - ...And Out Comes The Wolves (1995)
No Use For A Name - More Betterness! (1999)
Get Dead – Dancing With The Curse (2020)
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction (1994)
Lagwagon - Double Plaidinum (1997)
Propagandhi - How To Clean Everything (1993)
Descendents – Everything Sucks (1996)

Bold = must listen*

*Edited for @avecigrec

This is undoubtably a different brand of "punk rock" from the list and will swing poppier. To me, it's also more digestible lyrically and of course, polished better with modern technology. If nothing else, it will give you a good glimpse into the bands that were inspired by the first punk rockers.

Let me know what works, what doesn't, and I can send as many recommendations as you'd like - similar stuff, or throw you in a new direction.
@Corycm

Way ahead of you on that list :) Most of those 90s items I’ve seen live back then.

So now I’m listening to the latest from Teenage Halloween (it’s ok. Gets a little more pop than I’m into), Truth Cult (also ok I guess), the last MSPAINT (interesting, maybe?), and have now settled on the 2019 release from MakeWar -“Get It Together” (if anyone has the purple version to part with btw, hit me up), who I thought had a new album coming out soon.

Way ahead of you on that list :) Most of those 90s items I’ve seen live back then.

So now I’m listening to the latest from Teenage Halloween (it’s ok. Gets a little more pop than I’m into), Truth Cult (also ok I guess), the last MSPAINT (interesting, maybe?), and have now settled on the 2019 release from MakeWar -“Get It Together” (if anyone has the purple version to part with btw, hit me up), who I thought had a new album coming out soon.
Awesome!!! I’d recommend the Get Dead album at least then!

No Use for a Name didn't really do it for me. Adding Get Dead to the queue.
They are a pretty fun band. The one I recommended is probably my favorite punk album in the last decade or so. It has a lot of Rancid influence, but definitely some other tricks. The singer, Sam King, is a maniac (in the best way).

No Use for a Name didn't really do it for me. Adding Get Dead to the queue.
Also, happy to take any you like (and didn't like) and create another compiled list of 5. I love when people give me recs, but I know it can get overwhelming having a huge queue as well. Here if you need me!

Ome band i think often gets forgotten in the SoCal punk set from the 90s is Down By Law. I think Punkrockacademyfightsong is normally considered their pinnacle but i like the follow-up nfrom 96 " All scratched-up" even more.

Back