The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Yeah, the Cousins thing is absolutely terrible for the Vikes. I wonder if they'll make a trade before the deadline or just ride it out this year.
For who though? Colt McCoy? Taylor Heinekie? Mac Jones? I don’t think they woulda been anything beyond a wild card loser even with Cousins. If they trade for a QB and things go as gods as possible they would still need to be extremely lucky to make the playoffs. I doubt they resign Cousins next season so it’s time to start looking to the future in the twin cities.

For who though? Colt McCoy? Taylor Heinekie? Mac Jones? I don’t think they woulda been anything beyond a wild card loser even with Cousins. If they trade for a QB and things go as gods as possible they would still need to be extremely lucky to make the playoffs. I doubt they resign Cousins next season so it’s time to start looking to the future in the twin cities.
I totally agree. Nobody is trading a QB1 now, and most teams with a good back up keep them for just such a reason.

the rumor I saw last night was Jameis Winston. Not sure if it's worth it this season for a couple more wins or just tanking for a better draft pick.

the rumor I saw last night was Jameis Winston. Not sure if it's worth it this season for a couple more wins or just tanking for a better draft pick.
That would shock me with how inconsistent Derek Carr has been and considering he's already gone down a game on injury this year. I don't think we have that much trust in our QB3 to get rid of Jameis just yet

That would shock me with how inconsistent Derek Carr has been and considering he's already gone down a game on injury this year. I don't think we have that much trust in our QB3 to get rid of Jameis just yet
Isn't the Saints QB3 Taysom Hill? As many INTs that Jameis throws, I don’t think if Carr goes down there wouldn’t be a huge difference in win totals between the two.

Nope, Jake Haener is who I think we just drafted out of college.

Taysom I believe is on roster as a TE lol.
Yeah, playing Hill at QB would probably make them worse at QB and take away from the the Swiss Army Knife versatility he adds to the offense.
The Saints need to update their depth chart on their site, it’s showing Jake as the 4th stringer. It’s kinda sad cause he is the only player listed on the “4th team” of their depth chart.

For those who are Philly and vinyl fans:

Wait, what? Today's Patriots / Colts game is in Germany? When did that become a thing.

I knew the NFL started doing a London game, but Germany was a surprise to me.
Last year, The Seahawks and Bucs played in Munich and then this year todays Pats game is the second game in Frankfort following last Sundays Chiefs Dolphins game.

From what I’ve read American football is much more popular overall in Germany (they probably dig the blitzing) than anywhere else in Europe and even with the several London games they have each year supposedly a good chunk of those attendees are traveling Germans.

I think the end game for the NFL;if it can become popular enough in every Europe to support it, is to set up a 8 teams based in European cities. (a 4 AFC conference and a 4 team NFC conference) where they would mostly play each other but maybe come to the states a couple times a year to play a chunk of road non-conference games, US teams would likewise decamp to the EU for a couple weeks in a row to knock out their EU road games.

But that is a long way off and only if the market get big enough to support it. In the mean time they will just use the games as spectacles to hopefully spur interest and sell more Red Zone subscriptions and merchandise.

From what I’ve read American football is much more popular overall in Germany (they probably dig the blitzing) than anywhere else in Europe and even with the several London games they have each year supposedly a good chunk of those attendees are traveling Germans.
American football is rising in popularity over here for a couple of years now plus germany is a little more central in europe than england and cheaper to travel to, so iguess there's heapsof fans from around europe as well. Friends of me have gone to the London games for a couple of years now and kept doing so even this year because tickets for frankfurt were near impossible to get. They had 1.5 million ticket requests for the 2 games
Edit: also the players seem to enjoy these games despite the traveling. Qeuropean fans come from a europeansoccer ( using the term for clarity here, although @Joe Mac will not like it)fan tradition which involves singing and chanting. With traditional chants for American football missing, the German audience mostly stuck to singing oldies like "country roads" or "sweet caroline"

Last edited:
Back