The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I know it's largely against backups, but ooooh baby was nice to see Fields start to turn it up. Nagy going to be peppered with QB questions even more this next week 🤣
I hope they just let him start the season. Why not? The line is still a work in progress but the best cure for that is having a mobile QB. I am really excited for the Bears this season I know we made the Playoffs last season but it still feels like last season was a failure.

I hope they just let him start the season. Why not? The line is still a work in progress but the best cure for that is having a mobile QB. I am really excited for the Bears this season I know we made the Playoffs last season but it still feels like last season was a failure.
Yeah I think their is legitimate concern (and rightfully so) about this OL right now which is more evident with the Peters signing. It's likely they are just worried about him taking a lot of hits early a la David Carr or even Jay Cutler. Figure Dalton is just a stop gap anyway so best case he plays well and you can ride it out and worst case he takes the beating while we figure out the OL. History says Fields will play this year though and likely early.

And we made the playoffs but it was with that wonky extra slot and then there was that brutal playoff performance (which speaking of, Wins AGAIN with a mental error today. How is this guy still on the roster?)

Yeah I think their is legitimate concern (and rightfully so) about this OL right now which is more evident with the Peters signing. It's likely they are just worried about him taking a lot of hits early a la David Carr or even Jay Cutler. Figure Dalton is just a stop gap anyway so best case he plays well and you can ride it out and worst case he takes the beating while we figure out the OL. History says Fields will play this year though and likely early.
True, after seeing Dalton play behind a battered Cowboys line and get destroyed because he wouldn’t get rid of the damn ball, Fields will likely still end up playing earlier than they project just out of necessity.

Excited for the Jameis Winston era in NoLa. I have a good feeling about him, welcome back Football Sunday!!

Back