The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Bold prediction: the Bengals will only win 3 or 4 games this season but at least one of those wins will be against The Steelers.
With a 3rd option QB. We were winless against PIT for five seasons until now.

If we win 3 games I'd be shocked. Much less against the Steelers.
Shock-Wow-GIF-source.gif

BazookaTooth said:
😍 Bengals ! thanks
You are still a division rival but I carry far less animosity against your team. We'll see how CLE fares in the postseason; Mayfield has been impressive in the past few weeks.

With a 3rd option QB. We were winless against PIT for five seasons until now.

Shock-Wow-GIF-source.gif

You are still a division rival but I carry far less animosity against your team. We'll see how CLE fares in the postseason; Mayfield has been impressive in the past few weeks.
Mostly unrelated but the GIF used here is super well known obviously across the internet. I really never thought about the source material but the SO and I have been re-watching The Wire recently, I haven’t seen it since it originally aired, and about a week ago THIS moment happened!!! Wee-bey learned that girl Little Man almost killed was a cop! While discussing the matter with Stringer Bell at his copy shop. I audibly let out an “Ah-ha!” Then rewound it and played it back like 10 times. My SO thought I was nuts. She, isn’t as up on her pop culture GIF’s as I am so I had to pause it and quickly pull up it up on my phone to show her what I was going on about. She politely chuckled and we watched the rest of the show.

I'm a Pittsburgh fan, but

1) I have no sympathy for them with how they've behaved this season, and how they've played the last few games. They deserved a humiliating defeat. And,

2) I struggle to cheer for the team with Ben still on the team, I wish he would hurry up and retire, we've needed someone new and exciting (and not a predator) for a long time.

Mostly unrelated but the GIF used here is super well known obviously across the internet. I really never thought about the source material but the SO and I have been re-watching The Wire recently, I haven’t seen it since it originally aired, and about a week ago THIS moment happened!!! Wee-bey learned that girl Little Man almost killed was a cop! While discussing the matter with Stringer Bell at his copy shop. I audibly let out an “Ah-ha!” Then rewound it and played it back like 10 times. My SO thought I was nuts. She, isn’t as up on her pop culture GIF’s as I am so I had to pause it and quickly pull up it up on my phone to show her what I was going on about. She politely chuckled and we watched the rest of the show.
tenor-5.gif

I’ve been a Steelers fan for a long time but I am now in season 3 of boycott Steelers until Tomlin gets fired. I thought for sure after last year he was a goner but that dude has A LOT of lives. I’ve read that the defense has had some injuries but this is a typical Tomlin lead squad. Always playing down to the lesser competition. They’re primed to get bounced in the Wild Card.
Ben has had a good run but the organization needs to start thinking about the future. Like next year. They also need to Fire Tomlin.

I’ve been a Steelers fan for a long time but I am now in season 3 of boycott Steelers until Tomlin gets fired. I thought for sure after last year he was a goner but that dude has A LOT of lives. I’ve read that the defense has had some injuries but this is a typical Tomlin lead squad. Always playing down to the lesser competition. They’re primed to get bounced in the Wild Card.
Ben has had a good run but the organization needs to start thinking about the future. Like next year. They also need to Fire Tomlin.
I am not a Steelers fan but I do not dislike them either. I think Thomlin is a pretty great coach and would love to have him coach The Bears. The Steelers have been incredibly lucky with their coaching hires over the last 40 years and Thomlin is a big part of that. Outside of Belichek, Carroll, and Reed I am hard pressed to think of a better coach over the past 10 years.

I am not a Steelers fan but I do not dislike them either. I think Thomlin is a pretty great coach and would love to have him coach The Bears. The Steelers have been incredibly lucky with their coaching hires over the last 40 years and Thomlin is a big part of that. Outside of Belichek, Carroll, and Reed I am hard pressed to think of a better coach over the past 10 years.
He was great at one point definitely, but idk, the last decade has felt like nothing but wheel spinning. Start the season off strong, play down to 2-11 teams, lose, rely desperately on a wild card berth, and some other team losing to make the playoffs, lose the first round. If we're even good enough to make it to the playoffs at all. Getting pretty old. I would say that Ben should've been gone long before Tomlin though.

I can not argue against his regular season success, but that is not his only goal. He has had great talent at his disposal and with that, an 8-7 lifetime playoff record. I feel like if he was coaching anywhere else, he would have been let go already.

I just.... boycotting a team because of a head coach that's never had a losing record.

There's not a single other coach outside of Belichick that's been as good since Tomlin's been hired, and I can't think of more than 5 coaches I'd take over him at this moment.

The Steelers as a franchise are literally as good as it gets for any fandom outside of the Brady/Belichick Pats in the salary cap era.

Back