The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Something something defense wins championships.

this reminds me of Super Bowl 48 with the Broncos and the Seahawks. Score is closer, but the 49ers shutting down Mahomes (Peyton) and both having Richard Sherman.

also I’m fine with Racist teams not winning championships (see: 2016 Cleveland baseball team)

Something something defense wins championships.

this reminds me of Super Bowl 48 with the Broncos and the Seahawks. Score is closer, but the 49ers shutting down Mahomes (Peyton) and both having Richard Sherman.

also I’m fine with Racist teams not winning championships (see: 2016 Cleveland baseball team)
718DF1C1-65A9-4846-A1CB-FAF61BB802A0.gif

remember the Falcons Pats super bowl?

Who doesn't? I thought Shanahan learned his lesson.
If the 49ers had run the ball in place of all of their passing plays in Q4, we might be talking a different outcome. They were averaging 6.4 yards a clip on the ground. Just bonkers that he wouldn't continue to gash KC.

Who doesn't? I thought Shanahan learned his lesson.
If the 49ers had run the ball in place of all of their passing plays in Q4, we might be talking a different outcome. They were averaging 6.4 yards a clip on the ground. Just bonkers that he wouldn't continue to gash KC.

you can also question taking three timeouts into halftime against this kc team

Interesting tidbits:

KC's superbowl win marked Andy Reid's 222nd career win. On February 2, 2020. Going to his 2nd Super Bowl. This was Patrick Mahomes' 2nd full season as a starter. Patrick Mahomes threw 2 TDs, and 2 INTs.

This involved Mike Shanahan's 2nd Super Bowl loss by double digits. More specifically, his team lost by 2 scores. He opted to leave 2 timeouts unused going into halftime. Jimmy Garoppolo threw 2 INTs. Despite the loss, he has 2 rings [from NE].

Oh, you're a Bears fan. As a Packers fan I'm a big Mitch Trubisky guy.

Back