The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I don’t know if Mahomes has the MJ killer streak in him but if he does I bet this is hanging on a bulletin board in the team facility.

Honestly, they’ve earned the right to talk shit. 3-0 and you can tell before the game earlier this year the Chiefs had hyped up that game. Everything I’ve heard from them this week so far, they’re a lot more even-keeled.

The funny thing about Burrowhead is that only 1 of those 3 were actually in KC. Also all 3 games were by a FG, 2 of them were on the last play of the game. It’s not like they steamrolled them like they did to the Bills last week.

Mahomes isn’t as competitive as MJ (no one is) but he definitely uses stuff to give him a little extra juice (counting to 10 on his fingers against the Bears). But they don’t need any extra motivation for this game. It’s the AFC championship against a team that’s had their number. Can’t wait to watch these 2 go at it.

The Bengals shit talk is fun to me but they'll deserve it back 10 fold if they lose our even if they win and Eli Apple gets cooked. Big Lou is up there as one of the best defensive play callers in the league with Ryans and (yes, still) Staley.

But the way the betting lines are moving are not very promising for mahomes ankle.

But they don’t need any extra motivation for this game. It’s the AFC championship against a team that’s had their number.
That was my thought too but then I thought about how MJ used the fact that Barkley and Karl Malone won the MVP’s as motivation against the Suns and Jazz in the finals and how he didn’t necessarily need any more motivation but he still used it to win those Finals MVPs.

The Bengals shit talk is fun to me but they'll deserve it back 10 fold if they lose our even if they win and Eli Apple gets cooked. Big Lou is up there as one of the best defensive play callers in the league with Ryans and (yes, still) Staley.

But the way the betting lines are moving are not very promising for mahomes ankle.
I find it fun too. It’s just a bold move they end up looking like Bosses if the win and chumps if they lose. Most would not wanna stick their neck out like that.

I find it fun too. It’s just a bold move they end up looking like Bosses if the win and chumps if they lose. Most would not wanna stick their neck out like that.
At the end of the day no one is going to remember this stuff a couple of months from now. Let's just all enjoy the entertainment product meant for entertainment.

Yeah Sunday should be fun. The Super Bowl is too much pomp and rarely lives up to the hype. Championship Sunday is the last “real” football Sunday of the year.
Frankly extremely happy to have the afternoon game. West Coast team playing on the east coast early-ish with one less day rest. Can decide to happy drink or sad drink through the second game.

A few initial thoughts

Eagles are in their second Super Bowl in 5 years with 2 different head coaches and 2 different QBs

They called Nick Sirianni a joke after his first zoom press conference. Additionally Jeff Lurie's coaching hires have been Ray Rhodes, Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Doug pederson, and now Sirianni. That's 3 SB coaches, 2 winners so far, and all made the playoffs.

Haason Reddick has been a game wrecker all year and him not being a dpoy finalist is a joke.

Jason Kelce is one of the best to ever do it. If you don't normally watch the eagles or line play in general, I implore you to keep an eye on him in 2 weeks.

Edit: Lane Johnson neutralized the dpoy with a re-torn groin.

Last edited:
A few initial thoughts

Eagles are in their second Super Bowl in 5 years with 2 different head coaches and 2 different QBs

They called Nick Sirianni a joke after his first zoom press conference. Additionally Jeff Lurie's coaching hires have been Ray Rhodes, Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, Doug pederson, and now Sirianni. That's 3 SB coaches, 2 winners so far, and all made the playoffs.

Haason Reddick has been a game wrecker all year and him not being a dpoy finalist is a joke.

Jason Kelce is one of the best to ever do it. If you don't normally watch the eagles or line play in general, I implore you to keep an eye on him in 2 weeks.
I am happy for you and the rest of Philly but I really feel bad for The Niners fans. The Eagles may have won regardless but having to play over a half of football with a combo of your 4th string QB and a QB that can’t throw a ball further than 5 yards made this whole game anti-climactic and underwhelming.

Hoping game 2 lives up to the hype.

I am happy for you and the rest of Philly but I really feel bad for The Niners fans. The Eagles may have won regardless but having to play over a half of football with a combo of your 4th string QB and a QB that can’t throw a ball further than 5 yards made this whole game anti-climactic and underwhelming.

I'm sure it sucked for niners fans and probably for neutrals but the city of Philadelphia right now:

The eagles scored over 30 and had the 2nd most rushing yards against the best defense in the league while not really trying for a majority of the 4th quarter.

As a Niner fan, I can't even be mad at a game that featured our 3rd string qb get knocked out then our 4th string qb (who had been with the team like 5 weeks) also knocked out so they had to bring back the 3rd stringer who obviously couldn't even pass...
Horrible end to a pretty magical season but congrats to Philly for getting things done.

As a Niner fan, I can't even be mad at a game that featured our 3rd string qb get knocked out then our 4th string qb (who had been with the team like 5 weeks) also knocked out so they had to bring back the 3rd stringer who obviously couldn't even pass...
Horrible end to a pretty magical season but congrats to Philly for getting things done.
I was surprised the didn't try wildcat with McCaffrey or Juaun Jennings, who was a 4 star QB recruit out of high school. They needed explosive plays after things went FUBAR and interesting sweep plays could only do so much.

What a great second game. Bummer for the brain fart penalty to move them into fg position but it was the right call. My biggest takeaway? The weather last week in Buffalo probably affected the pass rush more than other aspects of the game. Maybe gave the Bengals an over confident game plan in that area this week.

What a great second game. Bummer for the brain fart penalty to move them into fg position but it was the right call. My biggest takeaway? The weather last week in Buffalo probably affected the pass rush more than other aspects of the game. Maybe gave the Bengals an over confident game plan in that area this week.
Great game. Mahomes will be very happy to get a two week break to heal up.

Back