The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

Roon DSP is so much

The crossfeed makes the hard panning Beatles albums slightly more bearable (still feels a bit too towards one side but no one expending to turn it to true mono). The issue is if it will effect more modern albums with no hard panning issues

Upscaling I don't notice much of a difference though because dad and highest upscaled PCM sound the same though I do leave it on

Roon DSP is so much

The crossfeed makes the hard panning Beatles albums slightly more bearable (still feels a bit too towards one side but no one expending to turn it to true mono). The issue is if it will effect more modern albums with no hard panning issues

Upscaling I don't notice much of a difference though because dad and highest upscaled PCM sound the same though I do leave it on

Is this the only material like this ? Must be Roon ? The most recent remastering by Sean Magee at Abbey Road sounds pretty evenly balanced to me . You may also want to make sure your speaker cables are equal lengths, your have good interconnects cables, and both chnnels on your pre & amp are working correctly.

Is this the only material like this ? Must be Roon ? The most recent remastering by Sean Magee at Abbey Road sounds pretty evenly balanced to me . You may also want to make sure your speaker cables are equal lengths, your have good interconnects cables, and both chnnels on your pre & amp are working correctly.
no i dont mean those masters from giles and stuff... im talking about how some audio is only in one channel for parts.. specifically on the pre white album stuff

It doesn’t do MQA, but the Yamaha WXC-50 is cheaper than the Bluesound.
Depending where you live, the prices are not far different. But the Yamaha is a slightly different beast from the Bluesound. The Yamaha looks good for higher resolution streaming but not sure about playing local digital content

no i dont mean those masters from giles and stuff... im talking about how some audio is only in one channel for parts.. specifically on the pre white album stuff

Sounds like you need the Mono box set my friend and make your own flac files to stream.

Ok so here we go... blerghhhhh

I am not very knowledgeable of the technical side of vinyl, which is why I usually avoid these threads so as to not make a fool of myself. But I also recognize this is probably my best bet of getting good advice on this from people who actually know what they're talking about. I just ask that you keep any explanations very simple so my brain can keep up 🙏

I am wanting to invest in some headphones to use with my turntable. My limited research suggests I need a headphone pre-amp. I have a Fluance RT-82. In your fine people's opinion what is my best option here?

I'm leaning towards this

Can anyone vouch for this or tell me if it's to be avoided?
View attachment 92423
I have owned the heresy 3+. Its fantastic.

Maybe it’s because my DAP only does 8x unfolding, and not the full 16x, But I really can’t hear much of a difference from other high resolution formats.

Or, maybe my ears are just lousy and not up to audiophile snuff.
tbh i tried both qobuz and tidal and its the same for me of not hearing much so i just accept nothing

Back