The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

Again, i wasnt looking for music suggested by the algorithm. I just want to check if any artists I follow drop a song, ep or album, lets say each friday. It’s also good to keep track of new podcast episodes by the ones i have bookmarked.
This may have been said above. But Apple Music will send you a notification for any acts that you like.

This popped up in the YoutTube yesterday

Cool stuff. I have a 2018 Mac Mini that’s mostly doing file server and Roon Core duty. I setup the Share screen feature and can now connect to it from my MacBook Air.

I have been having Qobuz via Roon drop out errors lately. This remote feature will enable me to move the Mini to the main router. If this doesn’t resolve the issue I’ll be done with Roon.

I don’t know what happened up until 2 weeks ago everything ran flawlessly. Nothing has changed on my computers or network.

Cool stuff. I have a 2018 Mac Mini that’s mostly doing file server and Roon Core duty. I setup the Share screen feature and can now connect to it from my MacBook Air.

I have been having Qobuz via Roon drop out errors lately. This remote feature will enable me to move the Mini to the main router. If this doesn’t resolve the issue I’ll be done with Roon.

I don’t know what happened up until 2 weeks ago everything ran flawlessly. Nothing has changed on my computers or network.
Strange. I think I had this issue ages ago and signed out of Qobuz and back in within Roon and that worked? Haven’t had an issue with roon lately. My NUC is hooked up to my router directly with Ethernet

It could be Qobuz related. I’ve had a few issues with last.fm connectivity the last couple of weeks.

Could check their forums and see if it is a widespread issue (I don’t use roon): club.qobuz.com

It looks like they are doing some maintenance on Wednesday too. Maybe they’ll be fixing g whatever those issues are.

I’ve not had any issues previously and the couple of times it stopped working before a couple weeks ago I could log out and back in to resolve, but nothing worked with the three or four issues over the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Strange. I think I had this issue ages ago and signed out of Qobuz and back in within Roon and that worked? Haven’t had an issue with roon lately. My NUC is hooked up to my router directly with Ethernet
I’ve tried all kinds of troubleshooting steps. The problem is definitely Roon/Qobuz related. I get no drops when playing songs from local collection or web radio station. Qobuz runs fine from native app and via UPNP to my RPi streamer.

I have an Orbi mesh system and 1GB up/down fiber connection so it’s not a bandwidth problem. Everything ran fine via WiFi for 5 months up until 2 weeks ago. I checked the Roon forums and others have had this problem, but no definitive solution. The last troubleshooting step I haven’t tried is connecting the Mac Mini directly to the main router.

I’ve tried all kinds of troubleshooting steps. The problem is definitely Roon/Qobuz related. I get no drops when playing songs from local collection or web radio station. Qobuz runs fine from native app and via UPNP to my RPi streamer.

I have an Orbi mesh system and 1GB up/down fiber connection so it’s not a bandwidth problem. Everything ran fine via WiFi for 5 months up until 2 weeks ago. I checked the Roon forums and others have had this problem, but no definitive solution. The last troubleshooting step I haven’t tried is connecting the Mac Mini directly to the main router.
Roon and Tidal have been working fine for me. The posts you’ve read, have they all been about Room/Qobuz or spread between Tidal and Qobuz?

Roon and Tidal have been working fine for me. The posts you’ve read, have they all been about Room/Qobuz or spread between Tidal and Qobuz?
All Qobuz. It seems to crop up periodically then go away. The posts span over a few years. It’s a complex setup so it’s hard to figure out where things go wrong without the ability t trace the streams.

Might have to give Tidal a look in light of the recent price drop.

I've found great success using Tidal's "Suggested new albums" section. Its been the primary way I've discovered great music over the last few years. Every week I go in there and save anything that seems interesting and then go back and listen to them between each Friday which is when this gets refreshed. I find it's done a good job at exposing me to music that fits my taste as well as bringing me music that expands upon my taste.

View attachment 197496
Ya, I really like the way both Tidal and Qobuz organize new releases catered to me. I don't listen to Spotify nearly as often, so I think their algorithm has fallen off a bit for me. The concept of "following" artists is very social media and not up my alley, but I completely see why they have it with their target demographic.

Ya, I really like the way both Tidal and Qobuz organize new releases catered to me. I don't listen to Spotify nearly as often, so I think their algorithm has fallen off a bit for me. The concept of "following" artists is very social media and not up my alley, but I completely see why they have it with their target demographic.

I will not pay any attention to the algorithm. Let it do irs evil corp money diverting evil magic into void. I’m still just using the same search bar or Siri voice commands to play what I want to hear. Joe 1 - 0 Tha Machine!

Back