The Crate Digging & Bargain Bin Finds Thread

So maybe my best online find ever? Took a chance on this jazz/blues lot of about 15 records for just under $75 and this was in there:

Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues 6-eye deep groove mono, promo stamped.

Condition is spectacular, true OG mono. VG+ all around.

Standard, non-promo averages $375:

Promo has never sold on Discogs, couldn’t find another one to compare it to. Only 2 people on Discogs have it in their collection.

05D31AB2-4CB1-427A-AA69-EC59A7611CE4.jpeg

1BFDD478-F418-4F38-BBFF-4E393CD83D43.jpeg

So maybe my best online find ever? Took a chance on this jazz/blues lot of about 15 records for just under $75 and this was in there:

Promo has never sold on Discogs, couldn’t find another one to compare it to. Only 2 people on Discogs have it in their collection.

View attachment 160810

View attachment 160811
Nice find!

View attachment 160810

View attachment 160811

Eff yes!

Well played.

I never find much at Goodwill, but the other day I stopped in after dropping off a bunch of donations. This fine lady was staring at me and it was a nice find for $2, record is in great shape. 2A88D995-F57E-40B8-B33F-3EC38C6B8E14.jpeg

Got home and went to log it into Discogs and found this message on the back. Unless Courtney loved Blossom Dearie enough to fudge her auto, I’m betting she met her at a show or something and got it signed. Pretty cool!

AE078AB9-27C0-4641-831A-BF5E8CD79426.jpeg

I never find much at Goodwill, but the other day I stopped in after dropping off a bunch of donations. This fine lady was staring at me and it was a nice find for $2, record is in great shape. View attachment 165349

Got home and went to log it into Discogs and found this message on the back. Unless Courtney loved Blossom Dearie enough to fudge her auto, I’m betting she met her at a show or something and got it signed. Pretty cool!

View attachment 165350
Amazing score! Funnily enough, I found a copy of Blossom's "Needlepoint Magic" a few years ago at a carboot sale for 20p that is signed by her. I thought it was part of the cover art at first. Red pen as well to match yours!

IMG_5062.jpeg

Amazing score! Funnily enough, I found a copy of Blossom's "Needlepoint Magic" a few years ago at a carboot sale for 20p that is signed by her. I thought it was part of the cover art at first. Red pen as well to match yours!

View attachment 165435
Her haircut's a bit better on this one.

My "bargain bin bandit" buddy went to our local on "a whim" after work today, despite having been yesterday, and once again got the goods!

received_724352375961323.jpeg

He's giving me the bottom row. I already have to top two (including an OG Canadian Mono of the self-titled) from his previous binning excursions.

My "bargain bin bandit" buddy went to our local on "a whim" after work today, despite having been yesterday, and once again got the goods!

View attachment 165569

He's giving me the bottom row. I already have to top two (including an OG Canadian Mono of the self-titled) from his previous binning excursions.
Those are some quality finds!

Back