The Colonel’s Motherfolk’n Giveaway

Colonel_Angus

he/him
Admin
Towards the end of last year, I wanted to do something special as a holiday/6-month-anniversary giveaway. I wanted it to be huge. Stumbling to come up with more ideas and slightly becoming lackadaisical about it, it fell through the cracks. Now we’re here, at one year of being Needles & Grooves, and I couldn’t think of a better time to do it.

Around the same time this idea was coming to fruition, I was falling in love with a band. Motherfolk.

Thanks to a heads-up from @Heath (unbeknownst to him), I found out this group was doing a very special direct-to-lathe recording session through Leesta Vail Sound Recordings wherein you selected the song you’d receive. To my knowledge, only 3 takes of this song exist and only one of them has a special greeting mentioning this giveaway and our forum. This is a very special piece to me but it represents more how special this place is to everyone. And I wanted to share that somehow.

D0333CA4-23ED-47E4-A586-E62EB06103CC.jpeg

And then I thought, wait, that’s not enough. So I grabbed a second copy of their album Family Ghost (pink/white split) to be included.

596147BE-BAC9-4545-88E7-3F210304B82B.jpeg

And then I thought, wait, that’s not enough. So I’m going to also send one of these at the winners choosing; a) $25 Bandcamp Gift Certificate or b) $25 Certificate to spend at their Local Record Store. And for the first time, no location restrictions to participants. This is open to everyone!!

Enter the drawing: here. Winner to be announced next Saturday, May 23rd.

Towards the end of last year, I wanted to do something special as a holiday/6-month-anniversary giveaway. I wanted it to be huge. Stumbling to come up with more ideas and slightly becoming lackadaisical about it, it fell through the cracks. Now we’re here, at one year of being Needles & Grooves, and I couldn’t think of a better time to do it.

Around the same time this idea was coming to fruition, I was falling in love with a band. Motherfolk.

Thanks to a heads-up from @Heath (unbeknownst to him), I found out this group was doing a very special direct-to-lathe recording session through Leesta Vail Sound Recordings wherein you selected the song you’d receive. To my knowledge, only 3 takes of this song exist and only one of them has a special greeting mentioning this giveaway and our forum. This is a very special piece to me but it represents more how special this place is to everyone. And I wanted to share that somehow.

View attachment 47204

And then I thought, wait, that’s not enough. So I grabbed a second copy of their album Family Ghost (pink/white split) to be included.

View attachment 47206

And then I thought, wait, that’s not enough. So I’m going to also send one of these at the winners choosing; a) $25 Bandcamp Gift Certificate or b) $25 Certificate to spend at their Local Record Store. And for the first time, no location restrictions to participants. This is open to everyone!!

Bruv, this is killer. Entered.

View attachment 47204

View attachment 47206

Pretty damn cool! Entered :)

Incredible giveaway, amazing generosity - thank you for the opportunity and helping to provide such a warm place for this community to reside.

One thing I have come to learn about @Colonel_Angus is that beneath the humorous and, oftentimes mischievous, exterior he is a thoughtful and genuine person. A kind and creative friend.

Thank you for putting this whole thing together Clangus. You’re the bees knees, my man.

Back