The Colemine Records rabbit hole

@folsom_lives i know you have been collecting these...why ideas or thoughts?
Oh man. I went through Discogs once and searched all the Colemine catalog numbers. I’ll have to see where these number fall in all the noise. If @nhumbard really wants some answers on future presses, just call them up on the phone or shoot them an email. Bob and Terry are good people and will tell it to you straight.

Oh man. I went through Discogs once and searched all the Colemine catalog numbers. I’ll have to see where these number fall in all the noise. If @nhumbard really wants some answers on future presses, just call them up on the phone or shoot them an email. Bob and Terry are good people and will tell it to you straight.
176--"Sommer"--Ironsides. Yellow and blue label. 181--"Standing With You"--The Resonaires. Blue and white label.184--"Omega"--Black Market Brass. Blue and white label. 186 and 187 so far unaccounted for. 190--"Sunk In The Mist"--Jr. Thomas and the Volcanoes. Black label. Was told by the label (after a facebook inquiry) that this one exists in test presses only, so I assume that's the case for the others here I found label photos of. 191--"More Than A Memory"--Ben Pirani. White and purple label. 192--"Nothing But His Love"--Harlem Gospel Travelers. Light yellow label. 193--unaccounted for so far. 194--"Who Could It Be"--The Soul Chance. Yellow and green label. 195 and 196--unaccounted for so far. 197-"What's His Name"--Thee Sinseers. Yellow and magenta label. 198--Unaccounted for so far. 199 is DLOT and has been released. And supposedly the 100th 45 may be DLOT as well. That's all I got...if any of the named ones here got released, then (1) they slipped by me and (2) help.....I actually went through and made myself a spreadsheet containing artist, title, catalog number, every pressing variation (varying label addresses, vinyl colors, label designs, etc) so I can mark off what I have and don't end up buying 2 of something like I usually do. It makes it easy to see what the true 1st press of each one is when I go looking because I'm nerdy enough to keep looking till I get a 1st press.

Last edited:
Added a few in bold:

176--"Sommer"--Ironsides. Yellow and blue label.
181--"Standing With You"--The Resonaires. Blue and white label.
184--"Omega"--Black Market Brass. Blue and white label.
186-- ???????????
187--"Winston Theme" Winston Brothers. Blue and white label.
188-- "Heartbreak for Christmas" KPF Red and white label.
189-- "Rome" Dojo Cuts Blue and Black Label

190--"Sunk In The Mist"--Jr. Thomas and the Volcanoes. Black label. Was told by the label (after a facebook inquiry) that this one exists in test presses only, so I assume that's the case for the others here I found label photos of.
191--"More Than A Memory"--Ben Pirani. White and purple label.
192--"Nothing But His Love"--Harlem Gospel Travelers. Light yellow label.
193-- ??????????
194--"Who Could It Be"--The Soul Chance. Yellow and green label.
195-- ??????????
196-- ??????????
197-"What's His Name"--Thee Sinseers. Yellow and magenta label.
198-- ??????????
199-- "Fo Sho" DLO. Yellow and black label.
200-- DLO3 (Based on white board photo)
201-- "Here We Are" Dojo Cuts White and Orange Label

Based on Crabbers great screen grab from Facebook, I think Mestizo Beat is probably one of those unknowns.

Terry did an interview on BBC radio and confirmed that Soul Slabs vol 3 is coming out for RSD in June 2021. Also addressed the glut of 45's that are going to be coming out in 2021.

Added a few in bold:

186-- ???????????

190--"Sunk In The Mist"--Jr. Thomas and the Volcanoes. Black label. Was told by the label (after a facebook inquiry) that this one exists in test presses only, so I assume that's the case for the others here I found label photos of.
193-- ??????????
195-- ??????????
196-- ??????????
198-- ??????????

Based on Crabbers great screen grab from Facebook, I think Mestizo Beat is probably one of those unknowns.

Terry did an interview on BBC radio and confirmed that Soul Slabs vol 3 is coming out for RSD in June 2021. Also addressed the glut of 45's that are going to be coming out in 2021.
Hopefully all the holes here constitute the glut. I think at least one or two were planned for last year and it didn't happen, but not sure I'm right here. And thanks for the added info. Looks like I need to have a garage sale before the glut starts getting released.

Last edited:
Added a few in bold:

186-- ???????????

193-- ??????????
195-- ??????????
196-- ??????????
198-- ??????????

And one more: 206--"Adonai"--Ikebe Shakedown. Hot pink label.

Back