The Colemine Records rabbit hole

I was eating at Chipotle with my wife last weekend and heard My God Has A Telephone play over the speakers (maybe it was He's On Time? I'm questioning myself now haha). I stopped mid conversation to listen because it caught my ear and said, "that's a Colemine song!", my wife just rolled her eyes haha I wanted to walk over and ask if it was a Chipotle designated playlist or if one of the workers was playing it, but I didn't want to scare them by nerding out with my Colemine fan boy-ness. Either way, Chipotle or a worker at our local one has great music taste!

I find this interesting though

I find this interesting though
Has to be soon with that October street date. Maybe we're getting a surprise Remined release.

GA-20
Lonely Soul
Red vinyl limited to 1500 copies
Release date: 10/18/19
PRE-ORDER
GA-20 was formed by friends Pat Faherty and Matthew Stubbs in Boston, MA in 2018. The project was born out of their mutual love of heavy traditional Blues, R&B, and Rock & Roll of the late 50s and early 60s. Faherty and Stubbs bonded over legendary artists like Lazy Lester, J.B. Lenoir, Earl Hooker, Buddy Guy, Otis Rush and Junior Wells. Feeling a void in current music, the duo have set out to write, record and perform a modern version of this beloved art form. Live, GA-20 is a trio of 2 guitars, vocals and drums. Raw, passionate and honest performance, both on stage and in the studio, is the only goal.
Durand Jones & The Indications
Morning In America / Cruisin' To The Park
Gold vinyl limited to 1500 copies
PRE-ORDER
When Durand Jones & The Indications released their sophomore LP, American Love Call, there was a bundle version of the album available that included a bonus 7" with "Morning In America" on the A-side and a true bonus B-side, "Cruisin' To The Park." That B-side, an homage to lowriders everywhere, has become a theme for a whole new generation of sweet soul lovers. So we are proud to present this heater of a 45. Let's cruise....

YAY!

So maybe I was wrong about Christmas comp?
It looks like Kelly was still doing some mixing based on his IG posts. Don’t know what the lead time is on going from masters to a pre-order is, but surely it’s close with autumn rapidly approaching.

It seems like Colemine’s pressing plant gives them a full fledged test press in black and variant before they post on their site which is really cool in this era of lackluster QA/QC.

It looks like Kelly was still doing some mixing based on his IG posts. Don’t know what the lead time is on going from masters to a pre-order is, but surely it’s close with autumn rapidly approaching.

It seems like Colemine’s pressing plant gives them a full fledged test press in black and variant before they post on their site which is really cool in this era of lackluster QA/QC.
Actually, I believe they wait till they have it in hand. One of the many reasons they weren’t happy with how the Pumas variant went down.

I said what I said cause I said GA-20 and a Christmas comp and got told one was right. I’m thinking we’re either definitely getting some Christmas 45s or a comp for Black Friday and they just aren’t counting it in the total albums.

Either way I’m fine and buying all of it anyhow!

The ability to listen to the entire album for a brief period prior to its release is such a nice touch. Certainly sold me on GA-20 today. Did they do this for Sure Fire Soul Ensemble?

GA-20
Lonely Soul
Red vinyl limited to 1500 copies
PRE-ORDER
GA-20 was formed by friends Pat Faherty and Matthew Stubbs in Boston, MA in 2018. The project was born out of their mutual love of heavy traditional Blues, R&B, and Rock & Roll of the late 50s and early 60s. Faherty and Stubbs bonded over legendary artists like Lazy Lester, J.B. Lenoir, Earl Hooker, Buddy Guy, Otis Rush and Junior Wells. Feeling a void in current music, the duo have set out to write, record and perform a modern version of this beloved art form. Live, GA-20 is a trio of 2 guitars, vocals and drums. Raw, passionate and honest performance, both on stage and in the studio, is the only goal.

Durand Jones & The Indications
Morning In America / Cruisin' To The Park
Gold vinyl limited to 1500 copies
PRE-ORDER
When Durand Jones & The Indications released their sophomore LP, American Love Call, there was a bundle version of the album available that included a bonus 7" with "Morning In America" on the A-side and a true bonus B-side, "Cruisin' To The Park." That B-side, an homage to lowriders everywhere, has become a theme for a whole new generation of sweet soul lovers. So we are proud to present this heater of a 45. Let's cruise....
Yeah baby... Ordered both without a second thought. 🔥 🔥 👍

Back