The Blue Note Thread

Use a combination of the multifunctional and regular sleeves.
Yeah, I was thinking like two flappy regular sleeves and a multifunctional might work. I might have to order some flappys at some point and see if I can make it work with the Kamasi Heaven and Earth.

Combustication is my favorite MMW album. If CDs wore out like vinyl, my original CD would be toast. I’ve been looking for one of the 1998 presses of this for a long while in right condition and price (after shipping) and finally found one.

This is the 1998 UK release, and it sounds excellent. It was recorded at the Magic Shop in NY in 1997 or 1998, so I’m 99% certain it was an analog recording, but I suppose the UK release could have been from a digital transfer. Regardless, the music definitely benefits from the vinyl treatment over the CD, I know this album inside and out, and this is definitely the best I’ve heard it sound.

My copy also is very quiet, with very minimal noise across 4 sides. Curious if anyone knows who might have pressed a 1998 EMI UK Blue Note release that says “Made in EU” on the label (and outer sleeve says “Printed in EU”). The runouts aren’t clearly helpful, although there is a stamped “D” on all 4 sides — separate from the stamped numbers/letter comprising the main part of the runout. It does not have the “RM” (Ron McMaster) or “Mastered by Capitol” in the runout like the 1998 US press, so definitely different plates.

IMG_2438.jpeg

Last edited:
UMG30 now works on the latest BNCs over at Udiscover. Blue Hour and Workout are today's releases.

Also Centerstage Jazz store has a spinny wheel today for up to 50% off. got a 50% off coupon on my 2nd spin.

UMG30 now works on the latest BNCs over at Udiscover. Blue Hour and Workout are today's releases.

Also Centerstage Jazz store has a spinny wheel today for up to 50% off. got a 50% off coupon on my 2nd spin.

I’m not getting a spinny wheel. 🥺

Back