The Blue Note Thread

I don't know. Unless you get lucky on a particular title being blown out on Acoustic Sounds or Amazon--or being given away for free shipping on Sound of Vinyl--these are about as good as you get. The best sales that BN (glitchy gift-card spinning wheel aside) or UDiscover have run the last couple of years are 30% off: That's $27.29 for a Tone Poet (assuming regular price of $38.98) and $19.53 for a Classics (regular price $27.98). These prices are a couple of bucks better than that.

So they're not such great deals that they can't be passed up. But if you really wanted some of these titles, this is probably about as good as you'll get.
Sure, but the deals aren’t so killer that they are in must buy territory. I find BNC titles routinely drop to $15-20 throughout the year and the $33 price of TP isn’t that much cheaper than MSRP. Between target B2G1 and the odd sale here or there I am confident I can match or beat these prices with patience

Sure, but the deals aren’t so killer that they are in must buy territory. I find BNC titles routinely drop to $15-20 throughout the year and the $33 price of TP isn’t that much cheaper than MSRP. Between target B2G1 and the odd sale here or there I am confident I can match or beat these prices with patience

For these possibly mid-coded items, the TP’s are $25. And the BNC’s are $18. Here’s what I got, with free shipping. It’s 20%, then another 20%. Have to put them in your cart to see those prices.

1710516355476.png

Last edited:
For these possibly mid-coded items, the TP’s are $25. And the BNC’s are $18. Here’s what I got, with free shipping. It’s 20%, then another 20%. Have to put them in your cart to see those prices.

View attachment 197772
Nothing I added to my cart had the cheapo pricing. I tried all sorts of stuff and everything was $32 or $25. For me that’s not a bad sale but not must buy

View attachment 197772
@Portland Sheriff, did you get charged shipping? I didn't notice until after I placed the order that I got charged $10.60 shipping despite the promise of free shipping over $85. I've had a similar issue with the BN store before and emailed to request a refund, so I'm trying that again. But I can't seem to get free shipping to work no matter what I put in my cart; seems to be a glitch. I want them to fix that one, but not the one that's giving us TPs for $25 and Classics for $18.

@Portland Sheriff, did you get charged shipping? I didn't notice until after I placed the order that I got charged $10.60 shipping despite the promise of free shipping over $85. I've had a similar issue with the BN store before and emailed to request a refund, so I'm trying that again. But I can't seem to get free shipping to work no matter what I put in my cart; seems to be a glitch. I want them to fix that one, but not the one that's giving us TPs for $25 and Classics for $18.
In my shopping cart, it was free and showed up that way. The order confirmation is confusing but still has free shipping. The confirmztion shows a shipping fee, but that amount is _not_ included in the total I paid. It shows a subtotal for records, a shipping charge, and the total. The total matches the subtotal for records.

In my shopping cart, it was free and showed up that way. The order confirmation is confusing but still has free shipping. The confirmztion shows a shipping fee, but that amount is _not_ included in the total I paid. It shows a subtotal for records, a shipping charge, and the total. The total matches the subtotal for records.
Interesting. I just double-checked. I placed two orders (because some of the records aren't released until the end of April and I need instant gratification), and both show the $10.60 shipping charge. But in one of them, it's included in the total and in the other, it's not. (It wasn't quite as apparent for me, because unlike you Oregonians, I get charged sales tax.)

Spring Cleaning error was working for me about 30 min ago, made my cart but then I got a work call and the page reloaded. Now I cant get the discount to apply. Did they just fix it?

Classic Vinyl Reissue Series – Release Schedule:

May 17, 2024

• Stanley Turrentine with The Three Sounds – Blue Hour (1960)
  • Hank Mobley – Workout (1961)
June 21, 2024

• Aaron Parks – Invisible Cinema(2008)*
  • Jason Moran – TEN (2010)*
July 19, 2024

• Thad Jones – The Magnificent Thad Jones (1956)
  • Clifford Jordan – Cliff Craft (1957)
August 16, 2024

• Wayne Shorter – JuJu (1964)
  • Lee Morgan – The Gigolo (1965)
September 20, 2024

• Jutta Hipp – At The Hickory House, Vol. 1 (1956)
  • Gene Harris and The Three Sounds – Live at the ‘It Club’ (1970)
October 18, 2024

• Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – A Night In Tunisia (1960)
  • Donald Byrd – Royal Flush (1961)
November 15, 2024

• Dexter Gordon – Gettin’ Around(1965)
  • Duke Pearson – Wahoo (1964)
December 13, 2024

• Lonnie Smith – Drives (1970)
  • Grant Green – Visions (1971)

*mastered from a digital source

Back