The Blue Note Thread

Good feedback.
I need to grab it. Plus some other new BNCs are getting great feedback this month.

I did pick up Bass On Top and Chant repress TPs.
Both are really excellent sounding. Bass On Top is very cool with the Chambers bass lead.

So much to buy these days....
Those are both great albums and Tone Poets.

Yeah, I recommend this latest L. Morgan BNC. When Wayne Shorter steps up to the mic on the title track [chef's kiss]. Love Herbie's soloing as well, and the more subdued playing by Grant Green.

Gonna do a more dedicated listen tomorrow over coffee, but I was not hearing any pressing defects.

Those are both great albums and Tone Poets.

Yeah, I recommend this latest L. Morgan BNC. When Wayne Shorter steps up to the mic on the title track [chef's kiss]. Love Herbie's soloing as well, and the more subdued playing by Grant Green.

Gonna do a more dedicated listen tomorrow over coffee, but I was not hearing any pressing defects.
Is it Search for the New Land?

Anyone have a recommendation for a good book on the history of Blue Note? I have the hardcover Uncompromising Expressions but would love something more in depth about the history of the label

@Jbraswell 30% off at UDiscover right now with code UMG30. doesn't work on preorders. I picked up the new Lee Morgan and Joe Henderson BNCs for $20 a piece shipped.
Nice! I hamstrung with gear costs right now.

I did preorder the Smack Up from DD, which just shipped.
And I have recent Plaid order to keep me busy for awhile.

This sale is a little better than advertised for some items. Some of the preorders and recently released Tone Poets and Classics were showing up even cheaper in my cart.
View attachment 197746
That seems like a coding or other mistake for some newer listings, but who knows? I just placed an order for some of them and hope it goes through

Tried to build a cart but prices feel like they’ll be better at other times during the year.
I don't know. Unless you get lucky on a particular title being blown out on Acoustic Sounds or Amazon--or being given away for free shipping on Sound of Vinyl--these are about as good as you get. The best sales that BN (glitchy gift-card spinning wheel aside) or UDiscover have run the last couple of years are 30% off: That's $27.29 for a Tone Poet (assuming regular price of $38.98) and $19.53 for a Classics (regular price $27.98). These prices are a couple of bucks better than that.

So they're not such great deals that they can't be passed up. But if you really wanted some of these titles, this is probably about as good as you'll get.

Back