The Blue Note Thread

That was my issue with it. I rarely listen to every take of the same songs even though it’s live and the performances are different. I got some of the Mosaic boxes that are “the complete xxxxxxx” and never listen to them. Some have like 4 takes of the same song on on side haha
I opted for the CD Lighthouse and it’s pretty solid. Think I got it for around $35/40 on Amazon a while back.

Honestly I have a hard time getting through 2xLPs these days. The large box sets are tough to justify.

Well, I didn't use my loyalty points toward a Don Was Zoom, but the upcoming 4 Classic titles are all favs that I don't currently own on LP. Tossed in the latest Walter Smith III D2C to get the free ship, the sale along with loyalty brought it down to $19 a title.

For that loyalty program, if you just click those links as far as following them on social media and whatnot, it automatically adds those points to your account, just a heads up! No reason not to!

Well, I didn't use my loyalty points toward a Don Was Zoom, but the upcoming 4 Classic titles are all favs that I don't currently own on LP. Tossed in the latest Walter Smith III D2C to get the free ship, the sale along with loyalty brought it down to $19 a title.

For that loyalty program, if you just click those links as far as following them on social media and whatnot, it automatically adds those points to your account, just a heads up! No reason not to!
sad you're not gunning for the zoom :(

I feel a bit lucky. December 9th I ordered 4 records from the blue note online store. They had a sale going on for something like 25 to 30 % off or something like that, plus free shipping so I thought it to be a good deal. Anyway, one of the records was a pre-order, but expected to ship a week later, so no big deal, right.
So I was patiently waiting for the shipment, but it was delayed and I didn't think it was anything to worry about. But on the 24th, blue note sent a very apologetic email stating they were sorry the order could not be delivered before the holidays,and they were going to refund the entire order and ship it when it gets in stock!
It left me wondering if it was for real or not, so I didn't respond or post anything. But blue note in fact refunded everything and I just received the 4 records today!
Spinning McCoy Tyner - Extensions right now. I also got The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson, Sonny Rollins - Newk's Time, and Madlib - Shades of Blue.

I feel a bit lucky. December 9th I ordered 4 records from the blue note online store. They had a sale going on for something like 25 to 30 % off or something like that, plus free shipping so I thought it to be a good deal. Anyway, one of the records was a pre-order, but expected to ship a week later, so no big deal, right.
So I was patiently waiting for the shipment, but it was delayed and I didn't think it was anything to worry about. But on the 24th, blue note sent a very apologetic email stating they were sorry the order could not be delivered before the holidays,and they were going to refund the entire order and ship it when it gets in stock!
It left me wondering if it was for real or not, so I didn't respond or post anything. But blue note in fact refunded everything and I just received the 4 records today!
Spinning McCoy Tyner - Extensions right now. I also got The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson, Sonny Rollins - Newk's Time, and Madlib - Shades of Blue.
They did this for quite a few people surprisingly!

Cool. Very generous of them. Definitely will order directly from them in the future, instead of Amazon. Besides this generous gesture, the packaging is much better than the giant river company, too.
I’ve heard their CS has been much better in the past few months. I ordered some from the spinny wheel sale and they all arrived pretty quickly.

They did this for quite a few people surprisingly!

Cool. Very generous of them. Definitely will order directly from them in the future, instead of Amazon. Besides this generous gesture, the packaging is much better than the giant river company, too.

Outstanding!

I've had great experiences ordering direct from them, but never this great - well done! If our dollar were stronger and the international shipping much cheaper I would definitely order direct from them more often. I'll have to be sure and take a closer look next sale...

Wow, long time coming. Any US retailers have this or just via Bandcamp UK?

the label's instagram account says available at all good record stores haha. so i assume it will be available elsewhere. i put in a request at dusty groove to try to stock it. if enough people request it maybe they'll get a bunch in.

@Ethos99?

the label's instagram account says available at all good record stores haha. so i assume it will be available elsewhere. i put in a request at dusty groove to try to stock it. if enough people request it maybe they'll get a bunch in.
I'll do the same - is there a specific request page or just on the link to the CD?

$300+ for a BN75!?

Wow, someone is gonna be disappointed.
It’s just a killer album that BN apparently had no plans to reissue. That Ambrose record goes for $200+ as well I think. BN has largely avoided repressing most albums from the past 10 years sadly unless your name is Robert Glasper

It’s just a killer album that BN apparently had no plans to reissue. That Ambrose record goes for $200+ as well I think. BN has largely avoided repressing most albums from the past 10 years sadly unless your name is Robert Glasper
Was referring to pressing quality from URP, not the music itself

Back