The Blue Note Thread

its so good, the dayly price changes sometimes drive me crazy as im so indecissive . i have yet to pick up a tone poet but i think the Burrell is the one i want first

You have plenty at 21,99€, at least it's the price I paid for 4 or 5 TP on Dodax(mostly nl but de and fr too). I give a look at my want list once or twice a day. As soon as one of the TP I am missing goes under 25€, I'll pull the trigger. Curiously, I don't see any BN80 at a very low price compared to market price.

You have plenty at 21,99€, at least it's the price I paid for 4 or 5 TP on Dodax(mostly nl but de and fr too). I give a look at my want list once or twice a day. As soon as one of the TP I am missing goes under 25€, I'll pull the trigger. Curiously, I don't see any BN80 at a very low price compared to market price.

the only TP i saw under 25 were Shorter, Wilson and Henderson.
BN80s seem to be around 20 right ?

the only TP i saw under 25 were Shorter, Wilson and Henderson.
BN80s seem to be around 20 right ?

I had Joe Henderson, Lee Morgan and Cassandra Wilson for 21,99 all on dodax.fr, Grant Green for 27, 25 and Wayne Shorter for 24,91, both on dodax.nl. BN80s are around 20€ yes, a few cents less or more but not a big difference with what you can somewhere else.

Edit: the more recent BN80s are even closer to 25€ than 20. Only the first ones are now under 20€.

I had Joe Henderson, Lee Morgan and Cassandra Wilson for 21,99 all on dodax.fr, Grant Green for 27, 25 and Wayne Shorter for 24,91, both on dodax.nl. BN80s are around 20€ yes, a few cents less or more but not a big difference with what you can somewhere else.

Edit: the more recent BN80s are even closer to 25€ than 20. Only the first ones are now under 20€.

forgot about the Morgan because i bought the stupid BN75 of that.
Burrell and Byrd are the ones ill grab first. hows the Green ?

forgot about the Morgan because i bought the stupid BN75 of that.
Burrell and Byrd are the ones ill grab first. hows the Green ?

Brilliant. It starts with Someday my Prince Will Come and you have My One and Only Love close to the end. I love his playing so I could only say positive things about him and his music. My next purchases are probably the two BN80s Grant's First Stand and Alive!

Pretty big sale on Blue Note TP and BN80 over at udiscover music. 30% off list price plus stackable with 20% off coupon UD20OFF if you use a new email address to sign up with an account.

TPs seem to be $25 + 20% off while BN80s are $17+20% off and I believe free shipping over $50.

Does anyone know if the 20% of code works in the UK?

Greta offer, I'm a bit gutted I was so proactive at buying the blue note re-issues this year. I've only got a few BN80's to pick up. I could have saved a bunch of money.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good quality Lee Morgan Sidewinder album in the UK? I've tried a few copies of the BN75 version but they've all had to be returned. I'd also seen an original on ebay recently but it went for silly money, close to £200 I think...! Frustrating times haha
I picked up an OG stereo for £31 inc shipping on ebay a while ago in vg condition. I will double-check but I believe it was from france. Worth increasing the search range to europe if you haven't already ticket that box?

My crazy aim is to one day have all OG pressings of all his albums. I have managed to tick off some of the big ones (mono's of The Cooker, Vol 3, Leeway, plus stereo's of The Sidewinder, Search For The New Land) plus a load of his stuff on other labels (mono of Introducing on Savoy, mono of Dizzy Atmosphere on Specialty, and monos of The Young Lions, Heres Lee Morgan, and Expoobident on Vee-Jay) and the obscure appearance..........basically I have a problem. I cant seem to get enough, I just think he kills it everytime!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good quality Lee Morgan Sidewinder album in the UK? I've tried a few copies of the BN75 version but they've all had to be returned. I'd also seen an original on ebay recently but it went for silly money, close to £200 I think...! Frustrating times haha

It depends how much you want to spend to be honest. I got the King Japanese version which sounds excellent from this discogs seller. He currently has 3 copies, 1 Toshiba for £35 and 2 Kings for £40 and £45. The Toshiba will sound bang on and I think it's a reasonable price. He also lists his email address and did me a discount for doing the trade out of discogs and paying as a friend rather than a business.

@QuickDrawDave - for £20 you could try this one from eil.com. It's a 1984 French release and I think it's before they moved to the dreaded DMM pressings. They currently have 10% off for Black Friday which just about covers shipping.

Just to add to this, if you see a few more on there heres an additional discount code:

• For orders up to £75 use voucher code "FRIDAY10" to get 10% off your items when you checkout
  • For orders of £75 or more, use voucher code "FRIDAY15" to get a massive 15% off your items!

It depends how much you want to spend to be honest. I got the King Japanese version which sounds excellent from this discogs seller. He currently has 3 copies, 1 Toshiba for £35 and 2 Kings for £40 and £45. The Toshiba will sound bang on and I think it's a reasonable price. He also lists his email address and did me a discount for doing the trade out of discogs and paying as a friend rather than a business.

Cheers for that link, really appreciated, would you say the Japanese version is worth the extra?

Cheers for that link, really appreciated, would you say the Japanese version is worth the extra?

Hard to say really, I don't have any of the 80s French issues although I've been tempted because they're often cheap. I can say though that the Japanese (both King and Toshiba) sound fantastic to my ears and the whole quality of the packaging is just grade A. If the obi is important to you though, only the £45 King one looks like that is still included.

@QuickDrawDave - for £20 you could try this one from eil.com. It's a 1984 French release and I think it's before they moved to the dreaded DMM pressings. They currently have 10% off for Black Friday which just about covers shipping.

Yea I looked at the 80s French ones and saw they moved across to DMM at some stage so thought it best to avoid. Wasn't aware what DMM was before I started looking for a copy of Sidewinder, I'm having to learn about the history of Blue Note just to find a decent version of this haha

Back