The Blue Note Thread

I do not miss uniforms.
fuck it, I wear scrubs every day because they are low maintenance. Plus when I have to go out on the floor, the team is like fuck yeah and the nurses don't act weird unless they know me (and if they know me they aren't acting weird anyhow)... it was funny when I went to do a transport in a suit in the early days. The floor thought they had done fucked up cause this guy showed up in pinstripes and Cole Hahns to transport their patient.

These days, I'm bushy beard fat look like I came down from the mountain in scrubs. COVID was weird man.

fuck it, I wear scrubs every day because they are low maintenance. Plus when I have to go out on the floor, the team is like fuck yeah and the nurses don't act weird unless they know me (and if they know me they aren't acting weird anyhow)... it was funny when I went to do a transport in a suit in the early days. The floor thought they had done fucked up cause this guy showed up in pinstripes and Cole Hahns to transport their patient.

These days, I'm bushy beard fat look like I came down from the mountain in scrubs. COVID was weird man.

Even when I was less fat I've always been too big AND too tall to ever get a uniform that fit properly so I just started to resent them.

No uniforms in the library, but I don't want to see your ass crack, underwear, or bra. Oh and no flip flops. I fucking hate them. They are a danger to yourself and your co-workers. I also hate jorts but I can't really ban them.
jesus the fight here with getting people to understand that Crocs are fucking dangerous is beyond me. ALSO, I don't understand their little cult. Give me a good pair of sneakers made out of breathable material any day for comfort.

jesus the fight here with getting people to understand that Crocs are fucking dangerous is beyond me. ALSO, I don't understand their little cult. Give me a good pair of sneakers made out of breathable material any day for comfort.
and IF clogs are your thing, buy a pair of danskos, they will last longer, won't fuck up your feet and aren't riddled with holes for needles and bodily fluids to decide to fall into.

I was on vacation in Maine this summer. While wandering around Acadia National park I was wearing my Free For All t shirt. Somebody stopped me and said that they saw him. The person preceded to tell me a story about how the bass player forgot his suit for the gig. Blakey ragged on him all night in fort of the audience. 😂
I saw Billy Harper a few months back at a jazz club in my town. He was telling a bunch of funny stories about playing with Art Blakey when he was young. Billy Harper has lead a pretty interesting life it seems.

I borrowed my roommate's crocs to run across the street for a coffee a dozen or so years ago and promptly nearly ate shit slipping like a mofo on wet bricks. Fuck Crocs.

I borrowed my roommate's crocs to run across the street for a coffee a dozen or so years ago and promptly nearly ate shit slipping like a mofo on wet bricks. Fuck Crocs.
Did you have sport mode activated??

All joking aside, crocs are fine. I wear them for stuff like taking our garbage bins out. I like wearing them in the garden too and just as a something simple to slip on. Always hated flip flops and a they are a bit comfier than sliders. My wife was super anti crocs until we moved to the suburbs and she saw they made tie dye ones 😂😂 now she wears them all the time.

Did you have sport mode activated??

All joking aside, crocs are fine. I wear them for stuff like taking our garbage bins out. I like wearing them in the garden too and just as a something simple to slip on. Always hated flip flops and a they are a bit comfier than sliders. My wife was super anti crocs until we moved to the suburbs and she saw they made tie dye ones 😂😂 now she wears them all the time.
I need a smh emoji. I’m a flip flop/sandal person assuming it’s not cold.

I used to think crocs were dumb until my gf got me a pair a few years ago. Now they've replaced anything I'd have worn sandals for. Until fall, then I'll switch to my minnetonka moccasins for slip-on, comfort purposes.

Back