The Blue Note Thread

Will other retailers sell the SRX? Or is it only through the MM site? The shipping also pissed me off from them unless they changed it. $10 for one record shipped to the US is highway robbery.
Not only that but $10 for media mail it seems. I received a shipping notification last Saturday, and it’s stated to arrive next Tuesday.

I was curious about how quickly these are selling and how close they are to being gone, so I went and added 500 of each to my cart and this is what happened:
View attachment 30380
I was surprised there were so many still. Definitely would have expected less.

Yeah, if you sort by Availability on MMJ, it’s from most in stock to least. There was only 8 of Grant Green’s Matador left when I looked yesterday.

I’m a big fan of that one too.
Own more copies of that Shorter record than any other—three!

Me too, although I’m not sure whether to count my VMP copies as “one” or “two”!

Regardless, I was pretty damn thrilled when it was included in the VMP Blue Note box. I’m not unhappy to have two copies, even if the labels are flipped on one. Fantastic pressing.

Last edited:
Here's what MMJ said on the Hoffman forum:

"We *should* have a few Moanin’ come back in stock over time but yes they are both going very fast. We are also seeing a lot of people signing up for email notifications for when the other titles become available."

Damn, that's crazy if Moanin' is really sold out! I checked I think two days ago and there was just over 200 left and like 180 of Blue Train. Now there's still just over 160 of Blue Train left. I was actually thinking Moanin' would sell out quicker than Blue Train since it has never been on SRX, but I never thought it would outpace it like this.

Damn, that's crazy if Moanin' is really sold out! I checked I think two days ago and there was just over 200 left and like 180 of Blue Train. Now there's still just over 160 of Blue Train left. I was actually thinking Moanin' would sell out quicker than Blue Train since it has never been on SRX, but I never thought it would outpace it like this.

Now that they got their price point set, do you think they will do represses?

Now that they got their price point set, do you think they will do represses?
I think the small availability of restocks won't be very many. I think anyone who wants one should sign up for the email about it and snap it up quick when it comes. As for represses, this is what they said on Hoffman when asked:
"There's no way to know how fast these will go. We pressed 500 of each (with the ability to repress, but it's unlikely for a variety of reasons, and we've seen that the completion of the Blue Train orders took several months from RTI). Based on last year's SRX run, yes, we should have at least 2 months stock on these titles (except Blue Train). However, this is not like last year's run in that these are the most popular titles we've done, whereas a lot of last year's were undiscovered gems. So... a lot of our loyal customers already have the new titles BUT they also appeal to a broad range of new customers. I think, but can't guarantee, that Moanin' will be around for a month.

If there's one rule I've learned as a record collector it's that the time to buy a record is when you see that record; but I completely understand not wanting to waste money on shipping. Wish I could provide a more definitive answer."

Have to say that the SRX Moanin’ sounds pretty fuckin’ great.
It even starts with that dialogue that the Spotify album starts with, between Morgan and Van Gelder.
“Imma step back when I take my solo.”

Not able to really crank my system right now which is what I really want to do.

Back