The Blue Note Thread

Just put in an order for 5 Tone Poet/BN80s on uDiscoverMusic. Came to $90 with tax. One was a double LP as well (Lee Konitz). That's $18 per album! Won't get them as quick as with amazon or other places, but the price was worth the wait.
It's really hard to beat with the 30% and another 20%. I've made two orders already.

It's really hard to beat with the 30% and another 20%. I've made two orders already.
If they keep it up long enough for the February records to become available there, I'll make another one myself! I've yet to order Live at Club Mozambique, Groovin' at Smalls Paradise, and Foreign Intrigue. I'll pick those three up at some point soon either way.

If they keep it up long enough for the February records to become available there, I'll make another one myself! I've yet to order Live at Club Mozambique, Groovin' at Smalls Paradise, and Foreign Intrigue. I'll pick those three up at some point soon either way.
Live at Club Mozambique with Lonnie Smith is a great funky album - love it.

These deals are so tempting. Must resist....buying more.... at Christmas time... :)

Live at Club Mozambique with Lonnie Smith is a great funky album - love it.

These deals are so tempting. Must resist....buying more.... at Christmas time... :)
Totally. The only reason I didn't include those was to keep the total under $100 for the order. I've already listened to Mozambique and it is a no-brainer.

Totally. The only reason I didn't include those was to keep the total under $100 for the order. I've already listened to Mozambique and it is a no-brainer.
I've ordered that one already and have enjoyed it several times already. I agree it is a no-brainer if you like-a da funky music :)

Resistance is futile at the uDisover deal (I think the promo code was "UD20off" for the extra 20% if you didn't catch this before), I ordered a few more that were not on my christmas list. :p

I agree on the jackets not being a big deal if the record is good but it does if you are paying full retail. I am always waiting for a deal so it’s less of a problem I wish the Lou Donaldson TP was a gatefold. I do think that places like RTI and Pallas generally press records that sound better then other plants but I still find it absurd how many warped records I get from all plants in general. I also do not know how many are warped from pressing or how they are packaged but when I receive warped records from the better plants the vinyl is usually still in good shape with mirror like vinyl, the lesser plants generally are warped and do not have the mirror like quality they appear almost grey to varying degrees. I can appreciate that no one forces me to buy records and from what little I know about the manufacturing process it’s far from easy and the climate affects them but I think easily 80-90 percent of new records I receive are warped and at least 10 percent of those are severe in that at least half the record surface doesn’t touch the platter. Also I have had great success flattening new records but it’s still disappointing the frequency to which it occurs.

I swear I was trying to be good and not buy myself any records before Christmas...then I had to go and listen to that Lonnie Smith album. 🤷‍♂️

Order summary
mail
In 'N Out LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$3.49)
$17.49
$14.00​
mail
Basra LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$3.49)
$17.49
$14.00​
mail
Live at Club Mozambique 2LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$4.89)
$24.49
$19.60​
mail
Buhaina's Delight LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$2.79)
$13.99
$11.20​
Subtotal
$58.80
Shipping
$10.64
CA STATE TAX
$3.53
CA SPECIAL TAX
$0.74
CA COUNTY TAX
$0.15
CA SPECIAL TAX
$0.59
Total
$63.81 USD
You saved $14.66🤷‍♂️

I swear I was trying to be good and not buy myself any records before Christmas...then I had to go and listen to that Lonnie Smith album. 🤷‍♂️

Order summary
mail
In 'N Out LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$3.49)
$17.49
$14.00​
mail
Basra LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$3.49)
$17.49
$14.00​
mail
mail
UD20OFF (-$4.89)
$24.49
$19.60​
mail
Buhaina's Delight LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$2.79)
$13.99
$11.20​
Subtotal
$58.80
Shipping
$10.64
CA STATE TAX
$3.53
CA SPECIAL TAX
$0.74
CA COUNTY TAX
$0.15
CA SPECIAL TAX
$0.59
Total
$63.81 USD
You saved $14.66🤷‍♂️
That Lonnie Smith “Think!” snuck up on me as well. Wasn’t on my radar - streamed it - BAM!

So damn good!

How are you flattening records? With the Vinyl Flat? I've been on the verge of ordering that several times, but wasn't sure if it would distort the sound somehow.
I do own a vinyl flat and the groovy pouch. My experience is modern black pressings are easy to flatten, Ive only tried one colored record. If you order a lot of new records it’s well worth it. Old records seem to be a lot more difficult to flatten. I’ve had a harder time with thinner 70’s and 80’s stuff. I posted about my experiences in the vinyl flat thread but feel free to ask me anything in regards.

Order summary
mail
In 'N Out LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$3.49)
$17.49
$14.00​
mail
Basra LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$3.49)
$17.49
$14.00​
mail
mail
UD20OFF (-$4.89)
$24.49
$19.60​
mail
Buhaina's Delight LP × 1
mail
UD20OFF (-$2.79)
$13.99
$11.20​
Subtotal
$58.80
Shipping
$10.64
CA STATE TAX
$3.53
CA SPECIAL TAX
$0.74
CA COUNTY TAX
$0.15
CA SPECIAL TAX
$0.59
Total
$63.81 USD
You saved $14.66🤷‍♂️

whoa besides the 30% off, how did you get those prices, am i missing something??

These discount code doesn't seem to work with me. It's on The uDiscover Music Store right?
It’s actually here:

Everything is marked 30% off then it’s an additional 20% off using one of the codes Matt listed above. And free shipping above $50 in the US.

It’s actually here:

Everything is marked 30% off then it’s an additional 20% off using one of the codes Matt listed above. And free shipping above $50 in the US.

Thanks! Works fine now! Let me see how it goes with shipping to France ;) EDIT: $43,22 for 3 records! I'll wait for another deal ahahah

Back