The Beatles

It’s slightly more Beatlesque than Real Love or Free As a Bird was - probably because it doesn’t have Lynne’s heavy handed approach. I quite enjoy it. Still baffled why they didn’t do some kind of e.p. with all three post hey day tracks. Love me do mix is… interesting and quite jarring after Now and Then.

Will need to give a listen through hifi at some point and headphones and all that. This initial listen was through my old quite basic not even remotely audiophile soundbar.

Also, Paul you are not in the same league as George - maybe should have asked Clapton or the dude from your band to play that solo.
True. I find the song ok, but far from great. Maudlin, repetitive, lyrically fluff. A bit Vegas-y in production, strings, harmonies, etc., but at the same time, I suppose it needs all the sauces and toppings possible to hide the bland flavor underneath.

True. I find the song ok, but far from great. Maudlin, repetitive, lyrically fluff. A bit Vegas-y in production, strings, harmonies, etc., but at the same time, I suppose it needs all the sauces and toppings possible to hide the bland flavor underneath.
Can’t disagree with any of this post. John never bothered to do anything else with it so he probably didn’t feel much differently. The demo for this more closely resembles a sketch, more so than Free As. A Bird or Real Love. I should pull out that Box but I have enough in my truck for a minute. Need to get a transport stat.

Can’t disagree with any of this post. John never bothered to do anything else with it so he probably didn’t feel much differently. The demo for this more closely resembles a sketch, more so than Free As. A Bird or Real Love. I should pull out that Box but I have enough in my truck for a minute. Need to get a transport stat.
Yeah, you know, composers and musicians have all sorts of snippets, lyrical and musical notes, drafts and other droppings all over the place. Some they develop, some they discard, some they figure were shit to start and not worth spending more time on. Occasionally, there may be something workable in there, but the large majority is just random notes.

Classical composers left behind numerous notes, sketches, drafts, musical phrases, ideas and all sorts of musical empherea - none of which anyone would dare try to use.

Beethoven wrote more than the known 9 symphonies, but threw others in the trash (today, unfortunately, they would probably digitally still exist, for some desperate person to try to cash in on). He left a very useable draft of his 10th symphony, which has been completed a few times, but it will never be considered a Beethoven work and is nothing other than a curio.

Same as Now and Then.

I liked Free As A Bird and Real Love. They were Beatles records. Now and Then is a Macca appropriation, IMO.

Yeah, you know, composers and musicians have all sorts of snippets, lyrical and musical notes, drafts and other droppings all over the place. Some they develop, some they discard, some they figure were shit to start and not worth spending more time on. Occasionally, there may be something workable in there, but the large majority is just random notes.

Classical composers left behind numerous notes, sketches, drafts, musical phrases, ideas and all sorts of musical empherea - none of which anyone would dare try to use.

Beethoven wrote more than the known 9 symphonies, but threw others in the trash (today, unfortunately, they would probably digitally still exist, for some desperate person to try to cash in on). He left a very useable draft of his 10th symphony, which has been completed a few times, but it will never be considered a Beethoven work and is nothing other than a curio.

Same as Now and Then.

I liked Free As A Bird and Real Love. They were Beatles records. Now and Then is a Macca appropriation, IMO.
Like I said above… those wear Lynne on their sleeve, this vibes more as a Beatles song, but I don’t disagree that the other two are better songs. John left more to work with.

Back