The Beatles

Just listened to Now And Then after finally getting my 7”. It’s ok. It’s very much a very beautiful polished half idea of a demo. Even more so than Real Love and Free as a Bird.

But, as much as I’ve liked Giles’ work so far, his Love Me Do remaster is just a bit shit.

I’ve listened to the new 1962-1966 remix and I’m honestly not sure what I think of it.

I will say it’s pressed well. I may get to 1967-1970 tonight.
I’ve been checking out the digital. It’s certainly a mixed bag. I don’t think there will be many surprises on Blue as we’ve heard most of it.

I may start collecting the US albums for shits and giggles. I have a copy of Hey Jude already.
That might be my next journey as well. I have all the UK OG's and Mono reissues. Not sure if I want to chase down originals or the C1 reissues from the 80's for the US versions.

Thankfully its going to be a lot cheaper to chase those down. :)

Hey Jude is probably my favorite US record. I snagged a copy of the export version a while ago that sounds unbelievable.

That might be my next journey as well. I have all the UK OG's and Mono reissues. Not sure if I want to chase down originals or the C1 reissues from the 80's for the US versions.

Thankfully its going to be a lot cheaper to chase those down. :)

Hey Jude is probably my favorite US record. I snagged a copy of the export version a while ago that sounds unbelievable.

This is the one I have:
It’s clean and sounds damn good.

problem is whenever I find them, they are either trashed or priced higher than I’d like.

Probably as much as a function of where I was in life, past listens of Double Fantasy have read it as a couple reuniting after a hard bit and rejoicing in their new found joys as a result. Today’s listen it hits me that a lot of it works just as well as both of them saying goodbye to each other and he to his family.

Back