That Escalated Quickly (aka Common Records Turned Rare)

Ha ha. Yeah, very good point. Same thing with the Cornell box, paid $70 for that. Now people sell it for $450.

Yeah. I that's what I paid for mine, too, with $8 shipping from Canada. I found a random copy online, after they had vanished everywhere, and it was a steal then. Prices definitely skyrocketed on that one.

I haven't shopped it lately.
But shirley people don't pay these markups if it's still on shelves???
It was just repressed, that's why you got it so cheap. Those values are a hold over from before the recent repress

What's going on here?
I paid under $10 in 2018

I think I paid the same, but I purchased it before then. "Rain On Tin" is one of my favorites.

EDIT:

I actually just have the 2002 Goofin Records pressing

You never see this used anywhere is my guess. Several of their albums have become scarce in the used bins.
The reissues show up from time to time on the bandcamp but yeah they're rare as hens teeth

I think I paid the same, but I purchased it before then. "Rain On Tin" is one of my favorites.

EDIT:

I actually just have the 2002 Goofin Records pressing
I had no idea this had escalated so much! The guitar work on Rain On Tin is sublime. Easily my favorite post-Daydream Nation track.

EDIT: seems Sonic Nurse is also quite expensive now

I’m having an Insound lack-of-buying remorse when I see how much REM Live and Live at Olympia are now going for.

PS If you have that Live at Olympia, Dublin (39 Songs) set and it needs a good home, I’m yer huckleberry.
Wow -- I have R.E.M. Live, and I had Olympia in my hands not that long ago for like $89....glad I at least got the Live set.

The Unplugged 4LP really got up there too, huh? Even the 2001 set is creeping.

Wow -- I have R.E.M. Live, and I had Olympia in my hands not that long ago for like $89....glad I at least got the Live set.

The Unplugged 4LP really got up there too, huh? Even the 2001 set is creeping.
I love Olympia as a live show too. I won’t pay 280 (or $400 on EBay el oh el) but I suspect I’m gonna pick it up next reasonable one that pops.

Back